Chapter 17

(This will be a short filler chapter) 

*Harry's POV*

I ran down to Sirius who had fallen on his back beside a lake as blood seeped from his injuries.

" Sirius!" I called out feeling tears sting my eyes.

" Sirius!" I tried again but to no avail. Suddenly a chill ran through me as the wind picked up and my breath came out as mist. Goosebumps appeared on my skin as a ting layer of ice made its way across the lake, and there they were. Dementors. Hundreds of them gliding their way over to where Sirius and I were.

"No... No!" I mumbled standing up and pulling out my wand.

"Expecto... Patronum!" I yelled out, a small stream of white light slipped out of my wand, the dementors continued to get closer.

"Expecto... Patronum..." I took a deep breath and gathered all the strength I had left in me. My Patronus briefly appeared before dying out, I felt my eyes beginning to close, the dementors twisting madly in my vision, Sirius then gasped as a silvery feather-light fell from his lips as if his very soul were leaving him. Then on the other side of the lake a bright light appeared, a stag with a luminous body slashed through the trees, the dementors tumbled to get out of the way as they swept down in waves. The forest was ablaze with the Patronus light making the remaining dementors flee, drifting away as quickly as possible. Then the forest returned to darkness, a single thread of light is all that remains as the Patronus dies down. I saw a man standing in the darkness with his wand poised out, that was the last thing I saw before I passed out next to Sirius, crumbling down onto the stone floor.