Chapter 8

-Cato POV-
I love our plan. Clove and I decided we will ask Enobaria and Brutus to ask Sally's mentors if we could have her as an ally.
"Hey Brutus!" Clove says.
"Hey Hun." He says taking Clove in for an embrace. They have a really great relationship. I think he likes me but not like he likes Clove. Enobaria is just a cold human being and doesn't even like Brutus really. I thought she was nice the first day we meant cause she laughed a lot. I was wrong.
"So. We were wondering." Clove says.
"If we could ask you to talk to district four's mentor." I finish the sentence for Clove.
"What for?" Enobaria laughs.
"We want the girl as an ally." Clove says sweetly. The voice she uses when she really really wants something. I stare at her. She turns and looks at me. What a great girl.
"Okay. We will go talk to them now." Brutus jumps up and leaves the room. He comes back quickly to ask if we want to come. We nod and follow him to the elevator.
We enter the room where four stays. Not as nice as ours. We walk up to district four's mentors with Brutus.
"These guys here want your girl." Brutus points to us.
"I'll go get Sally." Finnick Odair says.
"Was that the Finnick Odair!" Clove shrieks.
"Yes." Brutus chuckles. Brutus is a good guy. He seems all big and tough. He is. He also has a sweet side to him. It's cool. Finnick comes back to us with Sally.
"Hey career." Clove says and shakes her hand.
"Really!" Sally asks excitedly.
"Really." I say mocking Sally.
Clove rolls her eyes and hugs Sally. Sally was taken by surprise at first but then she hugs her back. Clove is so sweet. When she needs to though she can be,well, vicious. I love her for that reason though. And many more. I shake Sally's hand and walk away back to the elevators. I didn't want to see the the boy. Too small to die. Clove and Brutus come up to me right as the elevator doors open. We all step in silently.
"Why did you run away?" Clove says stroking my arm.
I reply with "I didn't want to see the boy."
"Oh Cato. You are a career. You need to get use to seeing people die if you want to make it. Tomorrows is a big day so get some rest." Brutus says with a big puff.
I take Clove to her room and kiss her goodnight. I walk to my room and flop on the bed. I am not looking forward to interviews tomorrow. I don't even know what my angle is yet.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry it was so short. I just really needed an update. I will right a long chapter and update this weekend thank you.