Chapter 11

"Cato! Cato!" I scream.
"Clove!" I hear a faint call back, "Where are you!"
"Please Cato,help!" I cry.
Cato comes running to me. He take me into his warm embrace. All of a sudden he falls to the ground. He has an arrow in his neck. I look up to see Katniss pointing one at me. I take a deep breath and close my eyes waiting to see Cato alive in the after life.
I wake up drenched in sweat. I am going into the Hunger Games today.
I walk into Cato's room not wanting to wake him. I feel like a child creeping into their parents room at night. I crawl into bed with Cato and cuddle up with him. He puts his arm around me and I drift to sleep not knowing what is in store for me today.
"Cato." I shake him,"Cato I have to go now. Remember the plan. Grab the weapons and go to the side of the cornucopia."
"You got it. I love you." Cato kisses my head.
I return to my room in time for my stylist to walk in and guide me to the tube room. She helps me get dressed and she puts my token in my hair. It's Hannah's favorite hair band.
"Ten seconds." I hear.
"You'll be okay. Go to the blood bath. You won't die because no one tries to kill the careers just yet." Nice advise is all I am thinking. I nod my head and step into the tube. I put my head down. I am so ready but I am not ready to loose Cato.
The tube begins to rise and I am blinded my the sun. I look around. Woods and a meadow. I spot Cato. He nods his head and I give a faint smile. Okay let's go. I can do this.
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
Bong!
I run as fast as I can all the way to the knifes. I grab a whole handful and turn around and throw it at the district three girl. She fall to the ground. I want to scream but I can't. I have to show the Capitol I am strong. I turn and see Glimmer stabbing the district five boy with a giant knife. Cato just killed the district four boy,the one he didn't want to see die. I guess he just wants this to end as fast as possible.
There is Katniss. She's wrestling the district nine boy for a backpack. I throw my knife hitting him square in the back. He spits blood in Katniss' face and falls to the ground. I throw my knife at Katniss but she deflects it with he stupid backpack. She gets up and I let her run.
"Thanks for the knife!" Katniss yells.
"Whatever." I respond but she can't hear me. Now back to business.
There is Renée,district six girl. I run and tackle her to the ground. She yells but I don't care. I take my knife and put it right in her throat. I'm not one for hand to hand combat though. I get up as Cato yells for the careers to assemble. For some reason Cato is our "leader".
"Okay there is no one left at the cornucopia. Did anyone see where Girl on Fire or Loverboy went?" Cato asks sternly.
"Loverboy that way." Glimmer points towards the way Peeta went.
"And I attempted to kill Katniss but she blocked it so she ran off that way." I nod my head in the direction Katniss ran off to.
"Ok. Let's go find Loverboy. We leave her alone." Cato orders.
We all begin to laugh and search for Loverboy. All of a sudden the canons for the blood bath go off.
Boom
Boom
Boom
Boom
Boom
Boom
Boom
Boom
Boom
Boom
Boom
"Eleven!" Glimmer squeals.
"Yes!" Marvel says with his goofy face.
"Alright. We did good. Let's head off now. He is getting farther every minute. " I say.
Cato nods his head and we take off. We are in pursuit of Loverboy. We run for a while when we see a figure sitting on a log.
"There." I whisper.
We start to creep up on him. I take my knife and throw it past him as a warning. It skims his cheek. He lets out a yelp. Marvel was getting ready to throw a spear when Peeta speaks up "No! Wait. I can help you find her. I know her ways."
"Cato?" I wait for Cato's confirmation.
"Okay. Let's go. Clove pass him a dagger." I reluctantly do so.
"Cato!" Glimmer whines.
We continue walking with me in the lead.
-----------------------------------------
Short but better than nothing