Sirius Black - Need you

Credit: qrangr

Christmas Eve had arrived and traditions were commencing in your half blooded household. The house smelt strongly of freshly baked cookies mingled with the pine wafting off the tree that was brightly lit and beautifully decorated. Your Mother had charmed wooden spoons to mix batter together whilst pans or bowls washed themselves in the sink and you couldn't help but laugh when a spoon nearly hit your Muggle Father in the head as it flew to the soapy water to be washed. You watched with admiration as your Dad grabbed your Mom from behind and began to dance to Winter Wonderland, twirling and dipping her while she pretended to be annoyed, but you saw the pink in her cheeks and the budding smile.

The angelic sound of your mother's giggles drifted into the living room where you were curled up on the sofa, a fuzzy blanket wrapped around you like a cocoon. The sight of your dad dipping her made your thoughts drift to your boyfriend, Sirius Black, whom you had been dating for a little over a year. His relationship with his parents didn't come close to the bond you had with yours and merely thinking about the glum look on his face as he parted from you at the train station made tears gather in your eyes.. You curled the blanket tighter around yourself and rested your chin on your kneecaps, wanting nothing more than for Sirius to spend Christmas with you rather than in the cold Black household.

In bounded your father, flour in his hair and a gentle smile on his face. He sat beside you and brought you into his chest as if he knew what was bothering you. His head rested atop yours and you smiled ever so slightly at the feeling of being a little girl came over you again. "Why the long face, squirt?" He asked and a genuine smile formed on your face at the old nickname that he resurfaced.

Your head lifted from his shoulder, chest heaving as you sighed. "I'm just upset that I'm spending Christmas with family and Sirius is probably alone."

"Ah," He hummed knowingly and raked his fingers through your y/h/c tresses. "His family isn't the nicest, are they?"

With a mere shake of the head, you pulled your legs closer to your chest and stared sadly at the glowing tree across the room. The small bulbs of light began to blur until a tear plummeted down your cheek. Your dad squeezed you to him and wiped your tears like he had done so many years ago. You mustered up the most pitiful of smiles as you looked into his warm and welcoming y/d/e/c irises and whispered shakily, "I just want him here with me. I want him to be happy and I know he's not right now."

The room grew silent for a few moments, only the sound of your oblivious mother singing to carols from the kitchen filling the barren space. Your heart was physically aching for Sirius and all you wanted was for him to be where he belonged. He belonged with you and he deserved to have a joyous Christmas like you knew Lily, Remus, and James were having.

"Why don't you bring him here then?"

Glancing up at your father in surprise, your mouth gaped open a bit. "I can't just show up to his house!" You exclaimed.

"Why can't you?" He smiled down at you gently, his aging face appearing youthful and happy. "I want you to be happy, squirt, and if bringing him here will do that then we sure as hell will do it."

Salty tears dried in an instant and a smile quirked your lips into a smile. You wrapped your arms around your father's neck and felt like crying tears of joy. "Thank you, Dad. You have no idea how much this means to me," You whispered against his shirt and tried to hold back more waterworks.

He rubbed your back soothingly and chortled. "Go get him, kiddo."

Standing in front of 12 Grimmauld Place had your nerves on edge. The building seemed to loom over you threateningly and the street's dim glow only added to the frightening aspect of it. You found yourself wringing your hands anxiously for you knew what lie on the other side of the home before you and your heart skipped a beat when your eyes landed on the window belonging to Sirius' bedroom. Never faltering from his window, you scrounged up the courage to stalk up to the front door and knock thrice.