Draco Malfoy- A red dress

Credit- akaspiderman

A red dress

Pairing: Draco Malfoy x muggle born female reader

Warnings: None

Plot: During the Yule Ball, Draco could care less about Pansy, his eyes are glued to someone else.

He laughed at something Pansy said, hoping it was an appropriate time. He was standing in a small group of Slytherins, all pure-blood, of course. Despite his loud group that was gaining attention from everyone, Draco could feel his attention drifting from the group towards her, Y/N.

He hated that, he knew he had to stay clear of her. She was a disgrace to him, he should look down upon her. Well, he does in a way, teasing her about the muggle world. Y/N didn't care, really she couldn't be less bothered. She let him do it. She actually shows kindness to him. Always laughing at his real jokes and starting some conversations with him when it was appropriate. Hell, during the beginning of their first-year, when Draco didn't know she was a muggleborn, they were becoming friends. Of course, once he knew of her impurity, he pretended they didn't create a bond. Maybe this is why she always smiles and lends a helping hand to him, because she saw Draco when he was genuine.

They spoke a bit at the beginning of the ball, when they were both standing at the snack table, she started the conversation first, as always. "Oh, hi Draco!"

Draco locked eyes with Y/N, he didn't see her at first, "You clean up nice, the dress would be better red though."

Y/N blushed, and looked down at the selection of cookies, "Thank you, same to you," Before grabbing one and rushing off to the crowd.

So now Draco found his attention divided between her and his friends. He got caught staring at her, and she offered the same warm smile as usual towards him. She was wearing an elegant dress. It was this silky, lavender wrap dress that slightly dragged on the floor. White heels peeked from the tiny slit created by the wrap. Strands of hair was pulled back with the same material of her dress, tied in a bow. The rest of the hair was curled. She looked stunning, how could he not find himself staring at her.

Y/N also found herself longingly look at him at times, she knew it was a lost cause. She should have kept her mouth shut, didn't let anyone know her roots. Life would be different, they could be friends or possibly something more. But, they're not. She tried to be open with Draco, let him know that she still wants to be friends. He can't seem to see past her being a muggle born, so Y/N just aims to be somewhat friends at least. He was nice to her when they first met, he seemed a bit rude at times, but he was decent to her. They partnered in a few classes too. Then she let it slip, how she found it odd that she wasn't allowed to bring her flip phone. Thus, their friendship came to an end and the reading began.

Draco didn't even realise Pansy left the circle. He was making some uncalled joke about Hufflepuffs to his clique, making them laugh, and he had that smug look plastered on his face. He only realised Pansy left when he heard Goyle snort, saying "Look what Pansy had got in her hand."