Draco Malfoy - Protector

Credit: thegreatficmaster

Pairing: Draco x Y/n (GENDER NEUTRAL READER)

Word count: 1743

Warnings: Angst, bullying, partially deaf reader, sadness, crying, fluffiness and cuteness with our cutie pie Draco...

Summary: The bullying comes to a head for Y/n.

Being a Potter wasn't all it was cracked up to be

Most people would've loved the fame and being known as 'the Chosen pair'.

Of course, you hated it.

Why?

Because of what it did to you.

Harry was simply left with a scar. Other than that, he was perfectly fine.

But you?

Well, it did a little more harm.

You were left deaf.

Not fully deaf. Just partially.

But it still made you different.

Harry could easily hide his scar. But you couldn't hide the fact that you were partially deaf.

In school, it was the reason you were picked on.

Harry defended you, but he was scrawny himself, so there was only so much he could do.

When you both found out you were wizards, you were both overjoyed.

You would finally be able to get out of the hell that was living with the Dursleys.

But once you got to the magnificent castle, the initial awe and excitement faded fast.

The bullying still continued.

Hell, it was worse here. The Slytherin's decided you'd be an easy target.

The deaf kid who was a Gryffindor with dead parents?

Well, that was like a damn jackpot to them.

So you'd spent the first year trying to reason with them. There was nothing you'd done to them. So maybe you could talk to them and get them to stop.

Of course, that hadn't worked.

Then, the second year, you tried to fend them off yourself.

But most of the time, they'd purposely mumble, to make it more difficult for you to actually hear what they were saying.

Halfway through the second year, you learnt to ignore it.

Well, as best you could.

You hated it. Hated that they seemed to be picking on you. Hated that you were the main person they seemed to target.