12

(y/n) - your name

(y/n) - your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Please! I want to see my parents!" I look ahead and to hear the voice on the far end of the building near the largest debris pile. A large blast of flames shoot from the side and I fall to the floor. I get up and walk towards the debris, my lungs begging for air.

"Keep calling out!" I shout out and I start to cough. The ceiling gives way and I jump away, trying to not crushed. The person doesn't call out anymore and I start to panic.

No. Please be alive!

I reach the debris and see an arm sticking out. "No no no no! Be ok, please be ok!" I struggle to pull the debris off the body to reveal a young boy. I pick him up and cover his body with my blazer. An explosion tumbled through the building, shaking it as everything starts to fall down.

I am not going to die here.

I run through the flames, ignoring the burning on my skin, holding tight to the small child in my arms. There was a beam blocking the door and I push forward, jumping through the door before the beam could crush me. I land on my back, making sure the child was ok. I take my blazer off and see him awake, tears streaming down his cheeks. The boy hugs me tightly, bawling his eyes out. "Shh. It's ok. You're safe." I sit up carefully, hugging him.

"Ma'am are you ok?" I look up to see the firemen rushing out to try and put out the flames as the paramedic helped the wounded.

"Help the boy first." My voice was hoarse and I was going to hand the boy over but he clung onto me. I lifted the blazer and he shook his head. "You have to get treated." I violently cough out and started wheezing.

"Ma'am! We need to-"

"-him first." I glare up at the man and he nods, squatting down to treat the frightened boy in my arms.

Kookie. I need to get Kookie!

"Look after him. I'll be back." I quickly hand the boy over to the paramedic.

"Wait-" I took off towards my car, heaving and ignoring the pain in my body. "Kookie!" I run towards the at to see Jungkook poke his head up, tears running down his face. I unlock the car and he jumps on me, hugging me like his life depended on it.

"Mama!" Jungkook wailed in my arms, the phone still in his hands. I kneel down on the floor, exhaustion crashing into me. My eyes glaze over but I try not to cry.

Not in front of him. I can't cry in front of him.

I held Jungkook tightly, my body shaking from the fear of leaving him behind.

"I'm here. I'm still here." I whisper in his hair, hearing him sniffle. His little hands grip onto my shirt, his head buried in my shoulder. He leans back and stares at me, lips quivering. I use my thumbs to wipe away his tears, leaving a soft kiss on his forehead.