Rock, Paper, Scissors

NOW THIS HAS TO BE ONE OF THE HARDEST AND EASIEST CHAPTERS THAT I HAVE WRITTEN THUS FAR. YOU WILL UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER. THIS CHAPTER PRACTICALLY WROTE ITSELF AND WAS SO FLUID DUE IN PART TO THE LOVE FOR ROMEO AND AARIK; AND THE UNDERLYING FAITH IN THESE RELATIONSHIPS. I DECIDED TO POST THIS CHAPTER TONIGHT BECAUSE "IF I WAS A GIRL" SEEMED LIKE A TEASER, AN APPETIZER, IF YOU WILL. THIS IS THE MAIN COURSE! SO ENJOY YOUR FEAST! COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT! SUBSCRIBE! SHARE! SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, LEGGO!
______________________________________________________________

BRYCE

I sat at the kitchen bar watching as my sister and Chandra moved swiftly around the kitchen making dinner

I sat at the kitchen bar watching as my sister and Chandra moved swiftly around the kitchen making dinner. Michelle had called and said she would be home late and that she had something that she wanted to talk to me about. Romeo was out with a client, so this was the perfect time for me to get to know my sister's eccentric friend. I took a huge bite out of the shiny red apple.

"So, Chandra, where are you from?"

"I'm from Long Beach, California," Chandra answered as she put a pot full of water on the stove. "Florida's a bit like Cali from what I have seen so far."

"Yeah, Miami's great. It's quite an experience living here. How'd you meet my ba... I meant, my sister?"

Brittany scoffed, "Damn, Bryce, what's with the interrogation routine?"

"I'm not interrogating her, Britt. I'm just trying to get to know your girl. Is that a bad thing? I mean, am I being too intrusive Chandra?"

"You can call me C-Dra. And, naw, you good," She answered as she looked at Brittany. "It's cool, babe."

Now, Chandra wasn't the girliest looking female, but I never questioned her relationship with my sister until she called her "babe." That was a term of endearment usually aimed at someone's significant other. I brushed it off and continued with trying to get to know "C-Dra" better.

"So, C-Dra, what is your major in college? I mean, you do go to North Carolina A&T, don't you?"

"Yeah, I'm a junior. I am majoring in Technology with a minor in Education. You're a recent college graduate, right?"

"Yeah, I actually majored in Education and I got a minor in Fine Arts."

"Yeah, baby girl has told me so much about you," Chandra explained, as Bryce shot a look at Brittany. She averted her eyes and went to look in the stove. "I feel like I already know you."

I laughed softly, "Well, that's cool. But, I didn't know about you until this morning. My sister has been keeping you under tight wraps. Why is that, Brittany?"

Brittany slowly looked up at me. "I just never got around to telling you about her. Besides, we don't talk about our friends when you call me. We are usually talking about Mom and Dad or about you being out here."