Mr. Officer

ROMEO

I wanted to hit his ass so bad, but how could I kick my brother when he was down? Watching Bryce walk out of the Miami-Dade precinct had to be one of the most surreal moments in my entire life

I wanted to hit his ass so bad, but how could I kick my brother when he was down? Watching Bryce walk out of the Miami-Dade precinct had to be one of the most surreal moments in my entire life. He was always the good guy with the straight As and even straighter teeth. All jokes aside, Bryce was one of a kind. And, now I had to accept the fact that he was flawed, like me and like so many others I had held to a different standard. This made me recap my situation with Sincere. The man who I saw as my father figure wanted me to let go of the one person who was completely on my side. That wasn't gonna happen.

I sighed as I looked over at Bryce. He was looking out the window in a daze. My boy had spent the night in jail for having sex on a public beach. Luckily, the arresting officer was a guy who knew Jaden. He worked some kind of magic and the charges were dropped. But, Bryce still had some explaining to do about him being a part of the crew. We were best friends. He was the only brother I would ever have. I just needed to know why he went to work for Sincere, instead of becoming a teacher like he was supposed to.

"So, stop feeling sorry for yourself, nigga."

Bryce slowly looked over at me, as I glared at him.

"That word... is so ugly. Why do you do that?"

"That is the least of your problems, nigga," I yelled becoming angry. "You have been lying to me from the moment you left the apartment that day going to look for a fucking job! Why?!"

"Why what," Bryce said in a calm voice. "Why is it such a big deal to you, Romeo? You fuck for money, I fuck for money; we're even. It seems like this place is all about pretty faces, fat asses and big dicks. South Beach... the modern day Sodom and Gomorrah."

"Oh, shut the fuck up feeling sorry for yourself. This ain't about SoBe. This is about you becoming a gigolo when your parents spent almost half a million dollars for you to become a teacher! And, DO NOT make this about you and me," I said as we continued to speed down the road. The sun was coming up on the horizon, since it was early morning. "B, I'm not trying to be hard on you, but I just want some answers."

"I don't owe you any answers, Romeo. I came here to stay with you and found out you were fucking dudes for money. Then I go out and look for a job, and coincidentally every school I went to had every position filled. One school, yes, but every school, hell no! That motherfucker had me black-balled."

"Who?"

"You know who. The devil we both work for. But, not me, not for long," Bryce said as his voice trailed off. "I'm tired of this shit, all of it. The only good things here for me are Michelle and you."

"Bryce, you will always have me, man. I'm your nigga for life. And, don't even say shit about using that word," I laughed as he playfully rolled his eyes at me. "You want out, don't you?"