Chapter 2: Adjusting

No POV:

We see Y/N sitting a chair next Rika who is drinking some tea on the porch of their home in Lindarth. They look at each other and smile as they see Nilo running around the yard with Fenrir. In the distance Mika comes into the yard Nilo runs over to her laughing. Mika bends down and gives Nilo a hug. Y/N waves to her and smiles. Things seem calm and peaceful. However things change when Y/N hears Rika drop her tea. He looks over and sees that she is no longer there.

Y/N begins to panic as he looks over to the yard and sees that Nilo and Fenrir are also gone. Mika is also nowhere to be seen. Y/N begins to call out to them but there is no response. Y/N sees that he is now wearing his combat outfit which confuses him.

The sky turns red and begins to glitch freakishly. The yard begins to fall apart and disappear. Now scared Y/N runs to the door and tries to open it. The door is locked which causes Y/N to try to use his shoulder to break it open. The house begins to fall apart and dissapear like the yard. Y/N's fear and panic becomes dread and terror.

Suddenly a voice calls out to Y/N from the distance. Y/N turns around and sees his sister Mika floating there. Y/N calls to her asking what is going on. There is no response as things continue to fall apart. Y/N goes to reach out to Mika but she lifts her hand and Y/N is pushed back. "You haven't saved me yet the game isn't over" Mika says to Y/N.

The porch under Y/N disappears sending Y/N falling down into the abyss. Y/N calls out to Mika as he is falling. As Y/N plummets he hears a distinct laughing. The words "the game isn't over" keep ringing through Y/N's head as he finally reaches the darkness.

Real World

Y/N POV:

I woke up in a panic from the nightmare I had. There were tears in my eyes was I crying because of a nightmare. Those words kept going through my head and I couldn't get them out. The dream felt so real this wasn't the first time I've had that kind of dream. Ever since Kirito and I beat SAO and woke up I've had these nightmares. My councilor says that the nightmares aren't real their just me holding on to my experiences from Aincrad.

I know people aren't supposed to question their doctor but this councilor only seemed interested in finding out what I did in SAO. I don't know but it seems kind of odd really she writes down notes when I talk about Rika and Nilo. Either way things are different since I was first trapped in the death game.

My mother stays home mostly along with my oldest sister Natalie and her daughter. After the death of her husband it was hard for her to find a place to stay and find a job worth her degree. Tai is home a lot more she doesn't really hang out with her friends. She mostly watches over me I like the sentiment but it does get kind of annoying sometimes. Then there's Mika she is one of the 300 players who haven't woken up since the clearing of SAO.

Right now I'm in my room by myself I hear Tai practicing outside. I look over to my bedside table and see pictures of me and family, me and my sisters there is also one with me and Rika and another with Rika and Nilo. I was lucky enough to meet Rika during my physical therapy I was planning on using a favor from the agent from the SAO incident task force. All I can say is that I'm glad the three of us are alive, now I just wish Rika and I could take Nilo out of that orphanage and away from her aunt.

Sadly Rika and I aren't old enough to adopt her and we would need a house of our own to take her. My parents understand and are willing to help Rika and I. Rika's parents are also behind us adopting Nilo as soon as we can. However it's out of their hands and right now there's nothing we can do because of her aunt.

Time Skip

I get out of bed and get some clothes on "man if Mika saw me crying she'd be disappointed" I say to myself. I leave my room and go downstairs into the living room. The house has even changed I guess when I went into the hospital my family sold the house we lived in and moved into one closer to the hospital. I went to the fridge and got two water bottles. "Uncle, good morning" a voice says to me.