Chapter 12: Treaty In The Valley

Legrue Corridor

Suguha POV:

We had finally finished getting all the information from that Salamander. I wanted to interrogate him with my sword but Kirito and Shi smooth talked the guy into giving us the information with loot. After that Kirito explained what it was like being a monster killing those guys and eating them. Shi apparently was a real dragon it was one of his special spells that Dragoons can only use.

I was in awe at the two players I had teamed up when out of nowhere Kirito bites my finger. I did the natural thing and slapped him for being an idiot. After that we entered the town finally. Kirito was still upset that I slapped him real hard. Shi said that he deserved it for being an idiot. Yui said that he shouldn't be doing things like that to a lady.

Out of nowhere I suddenly got a message from Recon. I checked to see if he was still online but he wasn't. I told the guys that I got a message from him they said that I should go ask him in the real world. We found a spot for me to log out were my body would be safe.

"Alright I'll be right back, Yui make sure your daddy doesn't do anything to my body" I said. Yui gave me a salute "you got it Leafa" she said "hey I'm right here you know" Kirito whined. Y/N laughed "I'm watching you too uncle" Yui said "what did I do I've been nothing but a gentleman" Shi said. I laughed at the three of them as I logged out.

Real World

I was back in the real world now I got up and took my amusphere off. I grabbed my phone and turned the screen on. It looked like Shinichi had been calling me for awhile now. Suddenly the phone rang again it was Shinichi calling me. This time I picked up the phone to hear his panicking voice.

"You now Leafa I've been trying to call you now for over an hour" he said "I'm sorry I was in the middle of something with the guys in the corridor" I said. "Okay I need to know why you messaged me and have been calling me non stop?" I asked. "You know how I said I had this strange feeling about something?" Shinichi asked "yes you said something about it at the tower" I answered. "Well I was right Sigurd is collaborating with the Salamanders" Shinichi said "he sold out lady Sakuya" he added.

"Those are some very serious accusations Shinichi" I said "I know Sigurd has been acting suspicious so I had to get proof which lead me to follow him" Shinichi said. "Eventually I stumbled upon their meeting site, sadly I got found out and was shot with a poison arrow" Shinichi said with a disappointing tone.

He then got serious all of a sudden "I may of been poisoned but I heard Sigurd and the Salamanders plans, their going to attack both lady Sakuya and the leader of Cait Siths during the peace treaty" Shinichi finished.

That's wasn't good if both leaders died it would be chaos. "Alright I'll call you back later I have to do something" I said hanging up as Shinichi tried to say something. I immediately grabbed my amusphere and hooped on my bed I put it on and logged in "link start".

Y/N POV:

While Leafa was logged out seeing what Recon wanted I was checking out my other abilities I had as a Dragoon. All of a sudden Leafa logged back on. She had a very glum look on her face. "What's wrong?" Kirito asked "what did Recon want?" I asked. Leafa looked up at us with tears in her eyes.

Leafa explained to us that the Salamanders were going to kill both the leader of the Sylphs and the leader of the Cait Siths at a peace treaty. I had asked what would happen if they succeeded in killing them. Leafa explained that the race who killed a leader of another could invade their territory kill anyone and steal anything they wanted. Later they could raise the taxes as high as they want for everything.

After that she gave us a look "the both of you should go work for the Salamanders" she said. "Why would you suggest that Leafa?" Kirito asked "yeah Leafa that's crazy" I said. "Listen you two I believe that the Salamanders are the ones that are more capable of getting to the World Tree, if they kill both leaders they'll have enough money to buy their equipment" Leafa said "since your a Spriggan Kirito and your a Dragoon Shi you can work as Mercenaries" she added.

Kirito and looked at each other when Leafa was finished. "We both declined that" Kirito said "we would never sell out our friends like that" he added. "Look we're waisting time here we need to get to that peace treaty" I said. "Yui show us the way there" Kirito said Yui appeared out of Kirito's pocket "alright here we go" she said.

Kirito and I looked at each other again we nodded. Kirito grabbed Leafa's arm startling her "hey wait" she said before Kirito and I ran at fast speeds.

As we ran Leafa asked us why we were helping her. Kirito explained to her that as long as we were alive we would never let another party memeber die or cry. I told Leafa that we would do anything to help her she was our friend and that was all that mattered to us. "We don't care if we die helping you as long as we know your okay" Kirito said. All of a sudden orcs began to spawn in front of us. I ran ahead and pulled out my sword "what are you doing?" Leafa asked "clearing a path" I answered.

"My flames are straight and true the burn the sins of evil, to my blade invictus" I chanted. A blue flame appeared on my sword with one swing I cut all the orcs down. Their bodies turned to ash before bursting into pixels. More teleported in as a clearing appeared. "Get ready to jump" I said "wait what do you mean?" Leafa asked. "Get ready" Kirito said as his wings appeared. My wings appeared as I jumped out of the cave.

Kirito followed behind with Leafa as her wings appeared. I turned around and saw the two of them catch up to me. Orcs began to fall out of the cave and die as they tried to still get us. "Now let's get to that conference" I said.

A/N: Hey readers the big fight between Eugene, Kirito and Y/N is about to happen. I promise it will be a good fight with lots of action. You will get to see another one of Y/N's special Dragoon abilities. Also you'll hear more about the other two legendary races and what their doing. I am always answering any questions you readers may have about the story or anything else in general. If you have a question for me either message me or comment on a chapter with your question I will answer it. As usual the feedback helps me make sure that the next chapter is better than the last one. As always thank you for reading and I will see you all later