Chapter 14: Sigurd's Plan

Butterfly Valley

No POV:

Both Y/N and Kirito had managed to successfully survive their duel with Eugene the commander of the Salamander forces. They even managed to do what no other player had done they actually killed Eugene. It took a combination of Y/N's Dragoon magic and Kirito's experience using dual blades. All of the diplomats and Leafa cheered for their victory over Eugene and his demonic sword gram. Even the Salamanders were impressed with the skills shown by the two players.

After the battle was over Sakuya revived Eugene. After being revived Eugene stretched a bit then he turned and faced Y/N and Kirito. "You two are the strongest players I've ever seen" Eugene said to the two. "You know the Salamanders are looking for their own legendary race mercenary, you should join us" Eugene said to Y/N. "Thank you for the offer but I'm good with where I'm at" Y/N replied declining Eugene's offer.

Kirito had been curious and decided to ask Eugene if he had believed what he said about the Spriggan-Undine alliance. Eugene began to contemplate that as a Salamander flew forward it was the same Salamander who's party attacked Leafa then retreated Kagemune. To the suprise of Y/N, Kirito and Leafa he actually lied and said that he his party had ran into a Spriggan and an Undine who had a Dragoon body guard.

With that Eugene believed Kirito's story he had said that it would be unwise to start a war with all four races. Eugene then agreed to leave with all of his troops. Before he left he turned back to both Y/N and Kirito. "I do want for us to battle again you two and next time we'll see who wins" Eugene said to the two of them. Both Kirito and Y/N agree to the duel and Eugene leaves on good terms.

Y/N POV:

That was one of the hardest fights I've ever been in he was just as strong as Heathcliff. Especially with that sword luckily Kirito and I were able to find a way past the special skill. As the Eugene and Salamanders left Kirito let out a sigh of relief. "Next time idiot tell me the plan before you do something stupid" I said hitting him in the shoulder. "Ouch come on Shi" Kirito said rubbing his arm. "You know not all Salamanders are bad" Kirito said "yeah you are right about that" I replied.

Leafa had just told the leader Sakuya about Sigurd's betrayal and treason of the Sylphs. Sakuya assumed that it had something to do with the Sylphs falling in military power. "Power is an important thing to man like Sigurd without they become desperate to have it" lady Sakuya explained. Next she brought up something about future 5.0 patch that might be the reason as to why Sigurd betrayed the Sylphs.

Apparently the new patch was rumored to have a reincarnation system. The system would allow a player to be reborn as another race, only if the leader of the race allowed it. "That seems like creating a new character but with extra steps" I said speaking up. "Yes it does but the benefit is that you keep your level and all of your stuff" the leader of the Cait Siths responded.

"My guess is that Mortimer the leader of the Salamanders promised Sigurd that he would change him into a Salamander if he brought him my head" Sakuya said. "What people will do for power is disgusting" I said. "No kidding VRMMOs are supposed to be fun" Kirito replied.

"Alicia have you maxed out your dark magic skill yet?" Sakuya asked the leader of the Cait Siths. "Yeah Sakuya it's maxed out" Alicia answered "well then please open up a Moonlight Mirror to Sigurd I'd like to have a talk with him" Sakuya said.

Alicia Rue began to chant and a dark cloud surrounded all of us. Then a large mirror appeared in front of Sakuya revealing Sigurd who was relaxing. When he saw the mirror he freaked out and fell out of his chair. He was suprised to see that Sakuya was alive. "Sakuya how did the treaty go with the Cait Siths?" Sigurd asked nervously. "It actually went very fine I did however meet some of your Salamander friends" Sakuya answered.