Best Friends Brother

*Mitch POV*
My mom always told me that when you're lying, you look to the right. Apparently it's the more creative side. I always thought this was absurd, but I feel my eyes shifting slightly to the right at this moment in time, after being faced with a simple question. How do you reply when one of your best friends, who happens to have a super hot brother, asks you if you have a crush on anyone.
"No," I lie outright, making my eyes look straight ahead, into his green ones. 
"Oh come on, everyone does!" He replies, laughing. I feel my cheeks heat up and I look away from him, just for a second.
"Who's yours then?" I tease, really hoping that he doesn't answer.
"Nobody," He says, his eyes shifting to the right.
"Oh come on, everyone does!" I mock, replicating his deep accent pretty well.

Kirstie joins us a couple of minutes later, her blonde hair in a plait and her eyebrow piercing prominent, despite the no facial piercing rule. She sits beside me, placing her tray down carefully.
"Kirstie, our Mitchell here is insisting that he doesn't have a crush on anyone. Do you believe him?" She narrows her eyes at me, a knowing smirk creeping onto her face. I told her about my crush on Avi's brother a while ago.
"Sure I do, not everyone has to have a crush. I certainly don't," I smile gratefully and she winks at me.
"Oh yeah Kirstie? Okay if you insist," She blushes, and it's my turn to smirk at her. She told me about her crush on Avi at the same time I told her about his brother.
"Scott!" Avi yells across the cafeteria. "Come here and talk some sense into your best friend here! Pretending he doesn't have a crush on anyone!" Scott scoffs and everyone in the cafeteria stares at us. Or more specifically me. 
"Avi!" I hisses, but he smiles innocently in return. He's going to pay for that, because now everyone is laughing, including Kirstie and Scott.
"So, Avi. What did you do over the weekend?" Kirstie asks, knowing full well that there is nothing Avi hates more than small talk. He rolls his eyes.
"I met one of my mums friends sons, he's a beatboxer and he's amazing! We sound pretty good together, actually, as a drum and bass kind of thing,"
"Hey, that's cool! I've always wanted to beatbox, it always seemed really cool to me!"
"You'll have to meet Kevin, he's awesome!" A bell sounds through the cafeteria, signalling fourth period. We say out goodbyes and go our separate ways, Avi whispering something about finding out about my crush as he passes. Good luck, buddy.

----------------------------------------------

Yes, I rewrote it. If this is your first time reading then you won't have noticed but the plot was slightly different before, I just wanted to change it up. Sorry it's short, it's just an opening. Hope you enjoyed!
-Georgie