Trust Me, Kirstie

"Mitch what the hell?" Kirstie yells the second we get back into her bedroom. I promised myself I would speak to her, I guess now is as good a time as any.
"Kirstie, listen to me. I think when he hit me-"
"He did WHAT? I'm gonna kill him!"
"Kirstie LISTEN TO ME! I think it was a mistake. And the date was too. I think he really likes me. He kissed me, and... I liked it. He gives me this weird feeling in my stomach..."
She stared at me for a couple of seconds.
"I believe the colloquial term is... Heebie jeebies" I can't help but laugh at her, because even when she's pissed she can crack a joke.
"No! I meant like - I like him Kirstie. I really like him. I like him like you like Avi" she opens her mouth to object, but I stop her with my hand.
"We all know, Kirstie. Anyway, this isn't about Avi panty-dropping-bass-notes Kaplan. This is about me. Please don't do anything, Kirstie. He won't hurt me again, I know he won't. Just trust me. Please?"
"Fine Mitch. I trust you. Reluctantly, but I do. But if he does hurt you again I will hurt him twice as hard. I love you, okay? I love you and I'm worried about you!"
"I know, Kirstie. I know"

--------------------------------------

Another short one but kind of a filler. I've changed my goal from 2 before Christmas Day to 5. I'm gonna fail but it's worth a shot!
I hope you enjoyed!
Let me know - do you trust Mitch? Do you believe that Michael will never do it again?
Love always,
Georgie