I Think I Love Him

Let me just get one thing clear. I hate Michael. He hit me and manipulated me and made my best friends hate me. So when he kissed me, and I felt the spark that I should not have felt, I jumped back. I don't love him. Why should I? But the truth is, I do. I wish I didn't, but I can't deny it. For some reason, I want him to kiss me again. Instead, he turns around and makes his way down the stairs, and I can feel myself blush as I watch his behind when he walks away. It's a pretty good view if I'm being completely honest. I follow him down the stairs, a grin on my face, and follow him into the living room.
"Sorry about that, Kirstie. Avi should be home in about an hour or so, shall we watch a movie?" I nod slowly and Kirstie looks at me as of to say "what the fuck are you doing?" But it's too late, because Michael has already put Chicago in the DVD player. I sit on the sofa, and almost immediately, Michael joins me and cuddles into my side. The butterflies go crazy in my stomach, and I blush again. Kirstie keeps giving sharp glares both to me and Michael, but I feel too comfortable to care. Avi comes back about half way through the movie, but he doesn't say anything about the boy who has fallen asleep on my chest. Just smiles and sits down. Kirstie leans over with the look of anger that I haven't seen for a long time, ready and rearing to tell Avi about Michael. But I don't want her to. I like him. I shouldn't, but I do. I shake my head at her, and she gives me a confused look before slumping back in her chair with a huff.
"Mitch, can I talk to you?" Avi whispers to me and i nod, trying to manoeuvre myself so as to get up without waking the sleeping boy on my chest. I move him so his head is on the side of the sofa and for a couple of seconds I just stare. He is a beautiful person, even when sleeping. The butterflies are back, as well as the evil eyes that I can feel boring into my back. I make a mental note to talk to Kirstie later. I go into the kitchen with Avi and he looks at me for a second before speaking.
"I'm sorry, Mitch. It's just that, well he's my brother and I didn't realise he would make a joke that...I don't even know how to describe it. I've told him that it was a sick joke and he knows I'm mad. I'm sorry! Please forgive me?"
"Of course Avi! That's why I came over, I wanted to explain, so I'm glad he already did."
We hug and head back to the living room. As we enter, we see that Michael is awake and Kirstie is shooting him daggers with her eyes. He is shrinking under her stare, so I go over to him and cuddle back into his side. He instantly melts into me, and this just feels right. He's not the perfect boyfriend, and I really should hate him, but I feel myself slowly falling in love with him. I'm sure the slap was just a mistake, he won't do it again.
Will he?

---------------------------------------

Sorry it's short and awful!! I really couldn't get back into writing it, but after this chapter I've got loads of ideas. My aim is to get two more chapters up before Christmas, so one every couple of days. Hopefully.

I've realised that I'm not great at American colloquialisms, so for the sake of this story from here on out, they're all English. Sorry if this is annoying, but I'm struggling with the Americanisms. Sorry!
Thanks for reading!
-Georgie.