ray; tastes like summer

i have no clue as to why they won't let me tag the person that requested this, but their username is Itzyagirljanna i believe :)

summary; after (y/n) has been in low spirits for a while, ray decided to take action in order to make her feel a little better.

warning! spoilers ((maybe)), also a bit ooc since i haven't done ray/saeran's or v's route, so i'm going based off what i know and the mystic messenger wiki lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

adjusting to her new life at magenta certainly wasn't easy, but (y/n) tried really hard. so hard. the stress of the situation affected her in a multitude of ways, and slowly began to drive her into a state of depression. right now, all she wanted to do was get out. or at least see ray.

"a-ah, am i interrupting something..?" a soft and unsure voice mumbled. speak of the devil. (y/n) put down the pen she was writing with and turned to face him.

"no, you weren't.. was just doing a bit of writing, is all.." she mumbled, messing with her (hair length) (hair color) locks. sitting on the floor in front of her, ray tilted his head with a sad smile.

"you're not really liking this situation, are you..? i'm so sorry, i wish i could just let you go.. but i can't.. i'm sure we can be happy here together, i promise.." he whispered, gently reaching for her hand, then immediately retracting it.

"i know.." (y/n) mumbled. "i just.. i don't like this.. but you know that already.."

ray averted his eyes, then suddenly perked up. 

"i-i have an idea! please dress nicely but not too warmly, and i will come get you in thirty minutes! we're going to go to the garden!" he almost exclaimed, an innocent smile gracing his features. (y/n) let out a soft sigh.

"how is this going to be any different than any other garden visits..?"

"y-you'll see, i-i promise you'll enjoy it, even if only a little-!" he exclaimed, slightly panicking. he suddenly felt so afraid, so worried she wouldn't enjoy it, so worried that-

he felt a soft hand on top of his own.

"i believe in you." it was soft whisper, but the message was conveyed loudly, with a touch of light. ray nervously nodded, and took his leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

dressed in his usual attire, ray went to collect (y/n). she was dressed in a simple (favorite color) dress that fell to her knees, thigh high socks, and flat shoes. she still felt odd wearing clothes like this, but it's not like she was allowed to wear anything else.

"you look.. u-uhm. are you.. ready?" ray stuttered, his face turning red as he struggled to find words. (y/n) nodded, offering him a weak smile.

"i-in that case, please allow me to put this on you. i promise i won't hurt you, it's just to conceal the surprise." ray struggled to sound natural, and just ended up looking suspicious. however, the girl simply nodded, letting him place the blindfold on her.

after a view vaguely familiar twists and turns, (y/n) found herself suddenly able to see again. and what she saw before her made her eyes light up. sitting before her was a small and circular white table in the middle of the garden, with two chairs across from each other. on the table was a notebook and a pen, and two bowls with (favorite flavor) ice cream.

"(favorite flavor) isn't really one of my top flavors, but i tried it today and it's actually nice! i wouldn't mind having some for our date today. i even got you a notebook to doodle in.." ray slightly turned red at his own mention of the word 'date'. when he was met with silence, he looked at (y/n) in concerned, only to be greeted by a wide smile he hadn't seen since he arrived with her there. 

"i-i love it!" (y/n) exclaimed, her eyes glittering with excitement. it was small, but she needed a bit of happiness in her life. besides, spending extra time with ray was a large bonus.

he treated her well the entire time, from pulling out her chair to listening intently when she spoke. he smiled fondly at how she described the taste of the ice cream.

"it tastes like summer. not the horrible heat, the cool rain and the beach sand you can actually walk on."

somehow, their chairs ended up beside each other near the end of the date, and their thighs touched as (y/n) doodled in the notebook ray brought as well. by the time she got back to her room, she was suddenly exhausted. practically collapsing on her bed, she sighed

"are you alright?" ray asked, his face laced with concern.

"am fine, just sleepy." (y/n) mumbled, her face flat into her covers. with a swift movement, ray gently lifted her up, and rolled her over, gently tucking her into the covers. they stared at each other for a moment, (y/n) soon relaxing into the blankets.

"thank you for today, ray.. it was nice.." she mumbled softly, closing her eyes. taking a deep breath, ray moved down close to her, allowing his lips to gently brush her forehead.

"it was very nice spending the time with you, and i'm glad you had fun as well.. enjoy your nap, (y/n)." ray smiled down at her, and silently rushed out the room, leaving the girl to her peaceful slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~