one

"Connor give it back!" I yelled.
"Haha! Selfie!" He shouted running away with my phone.
He dashed into the school dance taking pictures with everyone.
"Damn it! I'm gonna have to delete all of those!" I muttered to myself. I stormed through the doors. I looked into the crowds of people dancing the night away. This was basically a place to come if you want to find girls underdressed and over loaded with makeup.
"Jc! Over here!" The most popular cheerleader called out. Now I know why I attempted to hide outside. Everyone thought her and I were perfect for each other since we were on the top of our grade. If you know what I mean.
I slowly walked over dragging my feet to her and the group of friends she was dancing with. More like her personal slaves.
"Hey Chloe," I stated monotone.
"Jc! Great to finally spot you here!" She clinged onto my arm.
I tried to descreetly shake it off, but she ignored me.
"So, who are you here with?" I changed the subject.
"Awe you're funny Jc! With you of course!" Chloe laughed.
I was a bit taken back.
"Uh Chloe, I thought I specifically told you no?" I said like a question even though it was a statement.
She nervously laughed and nudged me. I looked away scanning the rest of the people. Then, I spotted Connor still laughing and taking a million pictures.
"Look, I gotta go, but uh-yeah, seeya!"
I ran after Connor running back outside after making eye contact with me.
"Connor get back here!" I hollered after him.
Then, I gave up. I hid behind a wall, waiting for him to come back. When I finally caught my breath, about five minutes later, Connor ran back past me. This was my chance! I stuck my foot out and tripped him. Connor tumbled head first into the earth. He rolled over groaning sending me into uncontrollable laughter. He handed me my phone.
"689 new pics!" I exclaimed flipping through some of the last ones.
"Okay, Okay! These are pretty funny! You spammed me, haha, hilarious!" I joked.
In most of the pictures, girls were noticeably sucking in and trying to turn a fun photo into a perfect photo. There's a difference. Yes, that did bother me and it's one of the reasons I can't settle on a girl. Why did all the girls from my grade always have to be so worried about their appearance? I swiped through a few more; however, one in specific caught my attention. Connor had taken a full length photo of him and a girl outside. Sure, he had taken many of these, but this one was different. This mysteriously perfect girl was wearing a simple dress that was the perfect length. Not too long, not too short. She had white converse on and was standing on a penny board. Her hair was in a messy bun she had an ever so perfect silly face plastered on. She had many band bracelets on and she was holding up the peace sign. It was honestly love at first sight. I examined the background. That was just around the corner! I started to jog away scanning everyone to find her.

I must have went in 10 circles! What the hell! That's when I spot her! She had turquoise beats on and was riding around the concrete. I don't think I've ever ran faster.
"He-" I breathed "hey."
She removed her beats and gave me a confused smile.
"Not to be a bitch, but what do you want?" She spoke.
I already loved her.
"Uh, just wanted to talk. I'm Jc by the way," I held out my hand. She glanced down and furrowed her brows.
"Believe me," she started to put her headphones back on. "I know."
Then she slowly started to ride away.
"Wait! Please talk to me!" I tried to stop her. " I didn't catch your name!"
She stopped dead in her tracks and turned around.
"You know what! I'm not as stupid as all those other girls! How could you not even know my name! We've been in school together since kindergarten!" She raised her voice.
Great, she already hates me.
"Why do you hate me?" I was generally upset.
"Look, classic jock, I don't do that type. Plus, if anyone caught you out here with me, wouldn't that ruin your reputation Mr. Popular." She snapped crossing her arms.
It was so cute when she was mad. I'm so head over heals.
"I'm not like that! I swear!" I pleaded.
"Jc I wish I could talk to you, but I don't run in that group ok?" She turned back around on her pennyboard. "The names Alison... Ali" and she rode off.

Well that didn't go so well...