(7) Coldheart

Thank y'all for 3K! Y'all really been supporting and I fuck with y'all the long way for that. This is the first story I've actually enjoyed writing for a while so thank y'all! There's so much more to come!

***

•Jon•

"We still kicking it tonight?" Jay asked me as he rolled up the blunt

Ari went home a little earlier so I invited him over to smoke one and listen to a song I was working on.

"Yea, you know we gotta celebrate and shit. We never got to kick it the other day."

"Might as well do it at the club Ari appearing at tonight."

I looked at him sideways before shaking my head, nah. She probably just posted about an appearance and I hadn't noticed.

"Eh, I'll see about that. She probably don't want me to show up and steal her spotlight."

He half ass chuckled before sparking the blunt. "Yeah, you right."

Jay took two puffs before passing it to me and I did the same before passing it back. If I was gonna do anything tonight I definitely wanted it to be with Ari but I hated making her feel like people only noticed her because of me.

"I'll talk to her about it." I finally settled on.

"Either way it go, you still need a fit for tonight and some new ice." Jay suggested.

This nigga was always suggesting I spend some money like I ain't have a closet full of unworn designer. But a new chain definitely sounded good, maybe a little something for Ari.

"I do need to get something for Ari, we can hit up the mall later."

"Sound like a plan until then let me hear that song."

I hooked my phone up to my speaker and played a beat before reciting the lyrics I wrote the previous night. We went back and forth playing around on the beat for a few hours, smoking and just talking.

"Shit, we need to head out now." I noticed the time and jumped up. The mall closed at 8 and it was going on 6:30.

"Let's head out." I rushed Jay as I stood up, grabbing my car keys.

I pretty much ran to the car and had it started while this nigga was taking his sweet ass time.

"Aye nigga, I said come on!" I yelled out the window, I was bout ready to leave his ass.

"Man quit rushing a nigga, you shoulda been went to the mall."

"Pussy, shut up." I pulled off not even a second after he was in the car, he flew back into his seat. I tried not to laugh when the nigga bumped his head on the dashboard.