(39) Family First

***

"You ready to go home?" I asked Ariana as I started to put all of our stuff back into the duffle bag.

She sighs "Yeah I miss my bed. I can't do this little ass shit no more"

Journee passed all her tests and was cleared to go home. Ari didn't endure any further complications from her C-Section so she was set to go home as well. I was ready to get out of this hospital days ago. I felt like the longer we stayed something was bound to go wrong.

Once I finished packing up Ari and I's stuff I checked on Journee who was still in her car seat from her test. She was just chilling waiting for us to hurry up.

"Ms. Fletcher are you all set?" A nurse asked as she walked into the room with a wheel chair.

"Yeah" She nods her head.

"Alright I'm gonna wheel you down then" The nurse replies.

I grabbed Ari's right hand and the nurse grabbed the other one and we helped her sit down. She squeezed her eyes closed as she sat down slowly in the chair. "You good?" I asked.

"Yeah" She sighs in relief.

She hasn't been able to do anything herself due to all the pain. She's been trying to pretend like she isn't in pain so they would let her go home. I don't blame her though. Whenever she would tell them she was in pain they'd give her pain medication. We could do that shit ourselves at home.

I sat Ariana's purse on her lap and did another lap through the room to make sure we had everything.

"Don't forget her diaper bag" She tells me pointing to it on the chair. I grabbed our Louis Vuitton duffle bag along with Journee's floral Gucci diaper bag. With my other free hand I grabbed Journee's car seat."

Once we made it downstairs my car was parked right out front. I unlocked the doors using the key remote and put our bags into the trunk. I put Journee into the car and the nurse helped me make sure the car seat was locked into place. I wheeled Ariana over to the other side of car and helped her get into the car.

I climbed into the car and buckled my seatbelt before driving off. Musiq Soulchild was playing on the satellite radio.

"You wanna stop and get your seafood?" I asked Ariana looking at her through the rear-view mirror.

She shakes her head no, "I'm okay"

"You sure? You haven't ate all day."

"I'm not hungry" She replies laying her head back against the headrest.

I didn't know shit about post-parturm depression so I had to read up on it. Loss of appetite was a symptom so I knew I had to make sure she ate something. Ariana never turns down food so I never thought I'd see the day where I had to force her to eat something. I figured I'd just make her a sandwich or something when we got home to at least put something in her system.

As I drove I kept looking at her through the mirror. She was just staring blankly at Journee in her car seat.

"She good?" I finally asked and she just nods her head. Once we finally made it home I pulled into the garage beside Ariana's range rover that Tae dropped off the other day. I got out the car and opened Ariana's door and helped her out the car before going over to the other side for Journee.