Chapter 46 - The Preparation {}

____________________________________

I sat in my chair nervously as a bunch of makeup artists and hairdressers attacked me with brushes and different types of irons. I sat as still and rigid as I could possibly as I was afraid that the make-up artist doing my eyes was going to get her brush in my eyeball.

"We're nearly done! We're then going to help you in your dress, Miss." One of the hairdressers said as she tugged at my blonde hair.

"Thank you," I thanked her.

I attempted to get a look at myself in the mirror but one of the hairdressers had placed a blanket over it, covering it and allowing me to see nothing which annoyed me. After another eternity of poking, plucking, brushing, tugging, and tapping they helped me into my wedding dress.

The moment I wore it I began to slightly tear up. I wish I had my father here to walk me down the aisle, but he was gone now and there was nothing left to do besides mourn him and move on. I sighed as a makeup artist frowned at me making me feel bad about messing up her hard work on my face.

"And now the grand reveal!" The hairdresser said as she tugged the material off the mirror.

The person in the mirror wasn't me. The two of us looked quite alike as we stood facing each other. I lifted my right hand and watched as she mocked the gesture using her left hand. I was shocked to say, the reflection was indeed mine. The girl in the mirror looked absolutely flawless and as though she belonged on a runway.

"You look beautiful Miss Hayes soon to be Mrs Hawthorne," The make up artist smiled.

"Thank you...?" I said raising a perfectly sculpted eyebrow.

"Shelby!" She smiled.

"Thank you so much, Shelby. You made me look great and so did you!" I said to the hairdressers.

"It's our job Miss," Shelby said shyly.

I nodded at her, "Yes of course!"

"I think we should get you in your dress and fix any problems that arise." The hairdresser said as she grabbed my dress off the hook.

Just as they were done dressing and 'fault checking' me - as they called it - my soon-to-be mother-in-law walked in and slapped a hand against her mouth as she looked at me.

"You look amazing!" She gasped and ran over a hugged me.

"Careful Mrs Hawthorne, her hair is quite delicate," Shelby said.

"Thank you Evelyn," I smiled at my mother-in-law gratefully.

"I think you should call me mom now." She said happily as she looked at the intricate detail of my dress.

"Of course... mom." I said and she smiled happily as tears began to flow out of her eyes.

"I'm so happy that you and Brandon are finally together. I believe in fate and the love story you guys share is amazing, I always knew you were perfect for my little boy," She sniffed and removed her tears with the back of her palm.

"Thank you, mom. I appreciate it, I really do," I said to her trying my best not to cry.

"If only your parents could see you like this. You look absolutely beautiful as though you are an angel that descended from the heavens," She said sniffing.

"You too. You look stunning," I told her.

"Thank you dear," She said laughing and crying at the same time.

I gave her a small smile, "You're welcome and you're right. I wish my mother was here, I miss her. I miss my father too. I wish that he could've been here to walk me down the aisle instead of my uncle, even though I am grateful for what he is doing for me," I said.