In the Shadows

Jessica is Kota's younger sister. When she was thirteen, she ran away where she met the dark side of the world. One night, she approaches someone with all the money she has and asks one thing. "Will you kill my father?"

Ghost is an assassin that has no record of her in the world. She is like a ghost. She can disappear and can kill. She is one of the most dangerous people to face. When a small and dirty girl comes up to her with a plea, she takes the mission. 

One by one, she meets nine men who need help. What will happen to these ten people? Will they have a happy ending or will circumstances separate them? 

Author's Note: this will not have the Academy. There will be abuse, self-harming, blood, and killing. I don't even know if this story will have a HEA. 

Story excerpt:

I turned, looking at the figure that had huddled in the dark corner. Wide eyes looked at me. Fear and relief warred in his eyes. 

I stepped towards him. The sound of my foot landing in a puddle made him jump in surprise. When I was about three feet from him, I knelt until my eyes met his. "You should go."

His eyes looked at me, unbelieving. "You're letting me go?"

I nodded. "I'm not here for you."

His eyebrows scrunched in confusion. The sight made my lips twitch. He was cute. He reminded me of a hamster for some reason. "What kind of bad guy are you?"

I looked at him. I was probably a sight. Covered in black with my knife still out and bloody. "Oh, I am a bad guy." Groaning slightly, I stood up. I shrugged off my leather jacket. It was two sizes too big, but that was because this jacket belonged to someone dear to me. I wrapped my jacket around his shoulders. When I looked at him, his eyes were on my shoulder. 

"Does it hurt?" He asked carefully, looking at the huge scar that trailed from my left shoulder down my arm. The scar was pale in color and bumpy, raised above the skin ever so slightly. The milky scar looked like a lightning strike. He looked away, blinking fast. 

"It did. Years ago, when I first received it from my stepmother." I spoke. His eyes lighted up at the mention of a family member. His eyes looked at me, and I nodded. 

We were the same yet not the same. We were both abused by someone in our family, yet I walked a dark path while he didn't. I was an assassin, and I knew that I couldn't get close to anyone. Yet why do I feel my heart tugging towards this man?