Chapter 1

*3rd person POV*

It was a very busy night in Brooklyn. Everyone was getting ready to go see the great Howard Stark's latest invention. There weren't as many people as a grand event like this would have, because pf the fact that most of the men went to war, but it was a very big crowd none the less.

The crowd moved fast, all desperate to get a good spot, all except for one person. Her name was (Y/N) and she was Howard Stark's adoptive sister. She was short, compared to the average woman especially since practically every woman in Brooklyn wore heels, but she was very very pretty. She was wearing a blue dress and she wasn't wearing makeup like the rest of the women either, yet she caught the eye of every person she passed. She had beautiful (h/c) hair, which wasn't styled, just loose and under thick black eyelashes she had beautiful (e/c) eyes.

                                        The dress^She knew better than to try and force her way in, because she would be shoved and probably knocked over, so she stayed in the back of the wave of people around the stage

The dress^

She knew better than to try and force her way in, because she would be shoved and probably knocked over, so she stayed in the back of the wave of people around the stage. Thankfully the stage wasn't too low so dispite her size she could still see a bit of what was going on.

When the crowd opened a little for four people to pass she took her chance to go a bit more to the front. "Come on Steve, we don't want you getting lost now do we?" She heard one of them saying. Presumably the guy in front of her was Steve, because he went a bit faster. The guy in front of her stopped making her bump into him. Y/N muttered a quiet and hasty sorry, that he didn't hear over the loud and exited chatter of the crowd.

She noticed that the four people in front of here were two men and two women, and she noticed that both the women were swooning over the taller man in a uniform, paying no attention to Steve, who seemed to be feeling a bit like the fourth wheel, because he was looking down awkwardly, a bit of his blonde hair falling into his face. He kindly offered the blonde girl in front of him some popcorn, but she pointedly ignored him and continued batting her eyelashes and laughing at everything the tall man with the uniform said. She eventually caught the words "Bucky" and "James" quite a few times. Y/N concluded that Bucky was probably a nickname or a pet name she didn't know about, seeing that James was his name.

 Y/N concluded that Bucky was probably a nickname or a pet name she didn't know about, seeing that James was his name

Y/N awoke from her slight trance when they announced Stark and he began to speak. She didn't really pay attention to what he was saying. Something about "a step closer to the future" and "a huge advance in technology".