Chapter 8

Bucky's POV

I was definitely going to find a way for us to leave this place. I started planning it all out, until, three days later HYDRA was attacked by the Avengers. I ran to Y/N's room and took her hand and we ran. We saw the Maximoff twins were helping HYDRA in battle, but we knew better. HYDRA had brought us nothing but misery, so why help it now that we had the choice?

We ran till we couldn't anymore. We decided to lay low, usually pickpocketing for money. 

++++TIME SKIP++++

I usually went out and left Y/N in the small flat we rented. She didn't like the crowd and I was afraid of something happening, that would put HYDRA on our tail again. After what had happened a few days ago, when someone tried to rob her, putting a gun to her head, because of the countless experiments HYDRA did on her, her eyes glowed a dark blue she accidentally blew up a big piece of the sidewalk.
Many were injured and four people were killed, including the robber. She fell to her knees and began to cry, covering her face with her hands.
I picked her up and took her to the flat. She cried herself to sleep, and I knew there was nothing I could do to help her. It was one thing killing people when you were brainwashed and emotionless, but it was a whole other story when you were fully conscious of what you were doing.

I came back from buying us food and lay down on the mattress me and Y/N shared. "Sometimes I wish I could just rip my metal arm off. I feel like it connects me to Hydra." I confessed sadly. She lowered her shirt, revealing a red star tattooed on her arm, exactly the same spot as mine would be if it were areal arm. I was dumb struck.
"Bucky?" She asked. "Yes, doll?" "You won't run away without me, will you? We're in this together right?" "Of course, doll." I hugged her. "I'm with you to the end of the line, Y/N!" "Me too, Buck." I leaned closer and kissed her. She kissed back. We broke apart and she spoke. "There's something else I want to show you." She reached into the collar and pulled out a locket. She opened it and there was a picture of us, but we looked slightly younger. My hair was cut short and Y/N's was tied into a ponytail. We looked as if nothing could ever make us stop smiling. On the other side of locket were the words "Till the end of the line". I hugged her and we fell asleep.

We saw the newspapers about what happened in Sokovia and we saw him again. It was Steve. The guy we had read about in the museum, who also went by the name "Captain America". He was part of the Avengers. We saw him stupidly try to choke a robot, but other than that he was pretty good at fighting. We knew him. From our Pre-HYDRA life, but we didn't really remember much. We had also read about ourselves in the museum. My name was James Buchannan Barnes, but I also went by the nickname "Bucky". I had supposedly died, after having fallen from a train. We had also read about Y/N M/N Stark. The adoptive sister of Howard Stark, who had died sacrificing herself for Steve.
She had already known most of this, and was very sad to hear that her brother had died with his wife in a car crash. Sadly I knew the truth, but I wasn't ready to tell her. She also recognized someone called Pietro Maximoff from HYDRA.