Chapter 3

When we got there Peggy had lined up the soldiers. I got out of the car. She came over to me. I looked at them and saw a familiar face there. It was Steve.  He was the only one standing straight,  although he still was at least a head shorter than the rest. I gave him a smile witch he returned.

"Soldiers I'm agent Carter and this is agent Stark

"Soldiers I'm agent Carter and this is agent Stark."Peggy said in her english accent. Steve's eyes widened at the word Stark, making me realise that I hadn't mentioned who I was. "What's with the accent queen Victoria? I thought I was signing up for the US army!" She seemed outraged at the lack of discipline but her tone was calm. "What's your name Sargent?" "Gilmore Hodge, your majesty." "Hodge, put your right foot foward." He obeyed "Stark, would you take care of this for me?" I knew exactly what she meant "Of course. Hodge, put you fists in the air." And with that I punched him square in the face, making him fall to the ground clutching his nose. I saw Steve smile out of the corner of my eye.

"Stark!" I turned to see Colonel Phillips coming towards me."I emidiatly straightened up. "Colonel Phillips" "I see your breaking in the team! Good!" He looked down at Hodge "Get back in line!" "Yes sir!" "You may have noticed that there is a girl amongst our number. Y/N Stark and someone else will be the first two to become super soldiers with the serum that Howard Stark and Abraham Erskine have diveloped." With that he began his speach "Wars are fought by guns but they are won by men. We're going to win this war because we've got the best m-men." His voice faltered when his gaze landed on Steve but he got over it. "And because they're gonna get a lot better."

The training was hard. Especially for Steve. Abraham Erskine was watching, so that he could decide who would be the second super soldier. Steve was having a very hard time. Not just he was too weak for anything, the other soldiers bullied him tirelessly.

++++small time skip++++

It seemed like we had been running forever. I was really worried about Steve,  because he looked like he was going to pass out. Peggy was in a car ahead of us. "Stop!" the general said mentioning to a flag on a long pole. "The first to bring me that flag gets a ride back with agent Carter." At once all the soldiers, except Steve, began trying to climb the smooth pole, but all of them failed. I didn't even try because I knew it was a test, and since I had already been picked, I thought it was unnecessary.  "No one has got that flag in seventeen years!" The general informed us. "Fall in!" All the soldiers got away from the flag and to my surprise Steve walked up to it.  "Rogers! I said fall in!" But Steve took no notice of the him. He simply removed the latch supporting the pole, making the flag fall to his feet.