Thirteen

I woke up as the sun ray hit my face. Opening my eyes, I noticed an absence of presence beside me.

Huh? Where is she?

I looked to my left, confused.

Where is Lisa?

I groaned as I became worried, anxious.

"Lisa!"

I looked for her around my apartment. But she was never found.

Seeing a note on my desk, I was in denial.

"No."

No way.

"Remember that I love you, forever and always." I remembered her weak voice from the night before as she hugged me to sleep.

I felt something on my throat, like it was blocking me. A deep feeling in my chest. I gulped as I went near my desk.

"To the love of my life"

I read what was written on the envelope in my head. Rushing to open it, I read it quickly as I could.

Blurring all the unwanted lines in my head, but I failed.

"I'm letting you go."

That was the sentence I could only see on the end part of the letter.

It echoed in my ear and my heart felt a pang. Pain. Tears started flowing before I knew it. I couldn't help it.

I was helplessly crying, not being able to accept the situation.

*TOOOOT*

I tried calling her and for the nth time, and still no answer.

I was on the floor, sobbing, holding onto my bed weakly, letting reality sink in.

.............

I woke up on the bed, sitting up, with my cheeks slightly wet.

It was morning but it was still dark. I felt a heavy feeling, waking up from the dream about the past.

About what happened with us.

But the sadness in my heart flew away as I looked at my side and saw Lisa.

Pain. There was still some left. But at the same time, I felt happy.

I felt her wake up, probably from my sudden movement.

She greeted me a good morning with her husky morning voice, and a small smile but it vanished as soon as she opened her eyes.

Worried was seen on her face.

She sat up, beside me.

"Shhhh..."

Immediately, she pulled me to a hug, shushing me, as soon as she saw my tears.

"I'm here. I'm here."

Her voice calmed me. And as she rubbed my back, I was soothed. I hugged her back.

Then, we both lied down back on the bed.

"I'll always be here."

She assured, making me more confident in her and in us. Before I knew it, sleep was slowly taking me back in, with her arms wrapped around my whole body.

"I love you." I murmurred in between our hug which made her separate our hug.

"What did you say?"

Her eyes wide open with a smile she's trying to surpress like a cute kid, making me chuckle.

"Nothing." I shrugged, not repeating myself, making her pout.

"Now, hug me again." I ordered her. It was too early in the morning for me to argue and talk a lot. I just wanted cuddles and more sleep.

And she obeyed me, giving up with what she wanted to hear again.

And once again, sleep started to take over my body.

And.. If you're asking how we're sharing the same bed? Well, thank you jisoo and Chaeng.

It was one of my favourite mornings. Lisa beside me, making my heart flutter as early as I woke up.

But still. Let her have a hard time in getting me back. I smirked at the idea as I snuggled against Lisa's neck, allowing sleep to take us again.