Sixteen

Lisa's POV

As I woke up, Jennie already left. I quickly checked my phone, hoping from a message from her but none.

"...." I sighed but I quickly shooed sad thoughts away.

I'm okay. I'm really okay with being left left. Yes, I'm fine.

But anyway, I couldn't help but smile as I remembered yesterday and the past view days.

Me courting her.

Me cuddling with her.

Me kissing her..

I touched my lips as I remember the amazing night before.

I rolled in bed, remembering those moments. Then, I decided to message her.

"Good morning, beautiful.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Just wanted to say,
I love you ;)"

I wriggled on bed, as if I received the message.

Then, I jumped out of bed, smiling with butterflies roaming inside me.

I quickly took a shower, dancing with the beat of the music, excited of what the future holds for us.

"I'll fight for us this time." I thought in confidence, as I looked at the mirror in the restroom.

After preparing myself, I quickly went out, buying a bouquet of flowers for Jennie. I was smiling at the thought of how Jennie would react.

Daffodil. 🌼

That's what I bought her. It meant new beginnings and that's what I wanted to tell her.

It was gonna be delivered since they were busy. I wanted to give it to her directly though. But anyway I quickly went back to the hotel so I could eat breakfast with her.

That's what I thought I would do.

Instantly my happy face was ruined as I saw a guy sitting beside Jennie.

It was Kai.

The guy who Jennie's father wanted for his daughter.

Thoughts ran in my head.

Bad thoughts.

Is that why she left early?

Is that why she wasn't sure of giving me another chance?

Did she love Kai when I was gone?

Tears started running down my cheeks.

It wasn't because of what I saw but what I felt and realized.

I felt incompetent.

I felt scared that Jennie would choose him over me.

I felt sad that he was there when I was gone.

I said I was gonna fight this time. But look at me getting all weak and scared.

I realised how I wasn't good enough for Jennie.

"Lisa!" Rosé noticed my presence and she called out to me but I quickly turned away and ran.

I just allowed my foot to take me wherever, just to run away.

To run away from my own thoughts.

To run away from everything.

To run away from myself.