Nine

The narrow street that was around the corner wasn't really that crowded so I was able to hear her clearly.

"So do you plan on avoiding me the whole trip Ms. Kim?" She asked seriously, placing her hands against the wall, cornering me.

Damn.

Our faces were inches apart, making me feel things.

I gulped. Her stare was intimidating so I looked away, avoiding her stare.

Lisa was always soft towards me but I know how bad boy she can be towards others.

But she held my chin, moving my point of view towards her.

"Don't mix personal and work issues Ms. Manoban." I tried pushing her but she didn't budge.

Instead, she leaned closer making me feel more intimidated.

"Are you sure I'm the one who's mixing them? Who's the one avoiding someone because of personal issues, huh?"

I gulped as I felt all her words hit me. I was specchless, knowing that she was right. Hayst. I'm just not ready talking to her i guess. Idk.

"And I'm serious in asking for your forgiveness.." she said with sincerity.

I sighed. Maybe...just maybe. I shouldn't avoid her. But my pride was taller than me.

I pushed her.

"You left me without even properly explaining and then now, you think you can just go back to my life and pretend that nothing happened?"

I didn't know that I was already grabbing onto her collar.

The words I've been trying to keep was released. I broke down.

"J-"

"No! Even if I'm avoiding you. It's not my fault. I'm just protecting myself. I don't want to be friends again and then hope and then get hurt. Why do you have to go b-"

Emotions overflowed inside me and I didn't realise that tears started to flow. But before I could finish my sentence, she hugged me, calming me down.

"Shhh.....I'm sorry." She repeated those words while hugging me, rubbing my back.

"It's all my fault." She said after I calmed for a while.

"I ran away..thinking that it was the best for both of us. Your dad.. he talked to me last time." I felt her voice weaken.

"He showed that I was incapable. He showed me that Kai was more suitable for you. And my naive self was fooled. I followed his order to flee from the country."

Then, I felt that her tears flowed.

"I-i asked help from my stepdad. And then now I'm here."

I hugged her tighter and I started to cry again. Wow. I didn't know all of this and I'm just processing it.

"B-but. there was never a day that I didn't miss you, Jennie." She looked at me with pain in her eyes.

She smiled at me yet her eyes were crying and sad.

"I'm sorry for my dumb mistake. I'm sorry for being a coward. I'm sorry that I left you. I'm so-"

I dived right into her lips, stopping her from continuing, cupping her cheeks.

I didn't fully understand her and I was still processing what she just said. But I just had the urge to kiss her.

Tears was running on our face but that didn't stop her from kissing me back.

She pulled my waist closer to her, allowing her to kiss me deeper.

Because If I was her, I would probably do the same.

"I forgive you." I whispered as our lips separated.

Her teary eyes looked at me with mixed emotions. Then, she went closer, kissing me again.

I responded, wrapping my hands on her neck.

Now, she pulled my body closer, allowing her to kiss me deeper with her tongue.

Our kiss was passionate with longing.

Damn. I missed this lips. I miss her.

Not long after, our kiss ended as we separated our lips.

"I love you." She said, out of breath, and touched our forehead against one another.

And I felt tingles in my stomach that I haven't felt since before. Then, she hugged me again.

"Can we restart?" She whispered which made me smile.

"I would love to." I answered, trying my best to hide my smile, and she hugged me again.

But, I moved back, away from her hug and smirked at her.

"I mean, I would love to think about it." I repeated my words, smirking. Don't think you can get me back that easily Manoban.

"Eh?" Her smile instantly turned upside down.

"Okay." She pouted like a kid.

I let out a giggle.

"I'm kidding, geez."

She looked at me with her eyes sparkling.

"But you have to court me." I smirked at her.

She gasped, speechless, with her eyes widened, somewhat shocked of my demanding request.

I raised an eyebrow at her and asked, "Why? Do you have complaints, Manoban?"

She answered with a big smile on her face, "No, boss!"

"I'm gonna court you." She placed her hand on the wall, gently.

"Everyday." She whispered those words against my ear, making me flustered and a huge smile was seen in my face.

"Let's go?" She asked, handing out her hand.

I stared at it for a while before she said something.

"Oh yeah. Right. I'm waiting. I'll hold your hand when you answer me. Yes yes. I'm not rushing." She said taking her hand back.

I smiled at her cuteness.

But I took her hand and walked with her which made her smile like a little kid.

Way too cute.

"You can hold my hand, silly." I told her as I pulled her, leaving the narrow street.