Four

"Chaennngggg!"

"awww wanna find someone to swtich with? I'm beside Jisoo."

I looked at Jisoo.

Ugh! I know Jisoo and Chaeng has a thing. I shouldn't destroy their time. Ugh?

"But chaennggg! Ugh!"

I complained at this situation.

She gave my ticket, only finding out she's not beside me. Shnsjdjdshjdndj! I don't like being beside strangers. It's not that I don't trust strangers. I mean I don't but ugh!

"It's fine.." I nervously smiled at her.

"Seriously Jen?" She asked me.

"Yeah, I'm an independent woman." I told her.

...............

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Don't be afraid Jennie. You're already old enough. You can do this!

My mind was full of things when I sat down the chair.

The pilot announced that we're almost leaving.

Okay. Breathe Jennie. I closed my eyes, deep breathing. Doing my best to calm my super duper fast heart.

Okay I'm safe. This is safe. Yes. Buttt... What if the plane crashes? What if I die? What is I'll drown? What if there's a bomb? Aahhhh!!?

I was panicking inside my head, overthinking of things.

"Everything's gonna be okay."

Someone placed a hand on mine. It was soft and warm. It calmed me and made me feel safe. It was familiar.

I slowly opened my eyes to see who that was.

Lisa.

I could feel my loud heartbeat. I'm sure it was because I was nervous. Yes, it's because of the plane.

I snapped our of my thought and quickly removed my hand from hers. I glared at her giving her a what-are-you-doing-here!!?-look.

"Hey." She smiled at me but I didn't respond.

"Ready for take off."

My heart beated faster again. I closed my eyes again, leaning against the chair. My breathing became harder.

I felt her hand again but I didn't do anything. I didn't complain or argue because the plane was already moving!

Just don't mind it Jen!

But to be honest, I knew deep inside me that it helped me feel safer.

...................

"Jennie! Where are you?!?"

I was already crying, scared of what's happening. The plane's engine suddenly broke and the plane started moving weirdly.

"Jenniee?!?"

I could heard Nayeon's voice.

"Attention! This is an emergency! Please stay seated!"

I cried louder, terrified but suddenly I felt something. I felt someone hold my hand, a little boy. I felt safer.

Thankfully, we were able to land. There were injured people and luckily no one died.

That happened when I was 10 and that was the start of my trauma in planes.

..................

After a few minutes, I felt the plane stable. Okay. We're done with take off.

I opened my eyes and the first thing I see is Lisa looking at me worriedly.

I quickly removed my hands.

"Thanks." I coldly told her and looked away.

Why is she even beside me anyways? Tch! Why do we even have to meet again?

I really hate her.

The plane trip went awkwardly. We didn't talk. When she tried to make a conversation, I just answered with yes and no.

I'm still annoyed. I still hate her.

............

"We are near South Korea. In five minutes, we are gonna land."

The announcement broke the defeaning silence around us.

Silence filled us again. However, a few seconds later, she spoke.

"J-Jen, can we please talk."

She looked at my side and tried to make another conversation.

"You're already talking." I sarcastically answered.

"I mean seriously..."

"Fine. What?"

"H..have you forgiven me?" She hesitated to ask.

"Yes and No."

I still hate what you did to me.

"Can you give me another chance?" She bit her lower lip, waiting for my answer.

"Ahh!" I let out a small shout as I closed my eyes tightly when the plane suddenly start moving down.

Breathe Jen. It's landing already. Why was I even distracted.

Once again, I felt a hand hold mine. I hold to it tighter, finding safety.

*thump thump!*

I shook my head. No!

I sighed in relief as we landed.

I opened my eyes and when I saw her. It felt familiar. She can't be that boy right?

In confusion, I stared at her until she waved her hand at me, which pulled me back to reality.

"Thanks but you didn't have to." I coldly told her as I removed my hand from hers.

Then, I stood up.

"Let's talk later."

I controlled my heart beat. Don't let yourself off guard again Jennie!