Chapter 12

Jaina sits beside her mother's bed willing her to wake up. Leia stays still not even her eyelids twitch.

"Please Mother, don't leave me. Not yet. I need you to reach Ben. I didn't think he would ever falter but then...It wasn't him that blasted the bridge. I know you felt his hesitation, his decision not to."

She softly rubs Leia's hand. "He needs your love."

Luke walks slowly through the temple. The moonlight shines bright illuminating the stone slab Rey sat on earlier. He touches the smooth cold surface. Closing his eyes he lets the howling wind clear his mind. He reaches out feeling the force move around him. The ground rumbles as he becomes one with it.

Jaina sits up feeling someone in the room with her. She turns to see Luke standing above her.

"Luke." She gasps.

He doesn't speak as his hand presses against hers and Leia's.

Jaina's eyes tear up as she feels the strength of his bond with the force. Leia's monitors beep and flash from the surge of energy.

"Luke." Leia whispers.

"Leia." He replies.

_______________________

Jaina runs to the bridge to inform Admiral Holdo about her mother. A familiar coldness grips her.

"Oh no, not again." She braces for the darkness.

Rey walks along the cliffs. The pull is more abrupt.

"I'd rather not do this now."

"Yeah, me too." Kylo Ren's voice echoes.

"Why did you hate your father?" She asks gradually turning around.

Ren turns as well facing her.

She blushes slightly at the sight of him without a shirt. "Do you have something, a cowl or something you could put on?"

Ren amused by her flustered gaze refuses to cover himself.

Rey sighs annoyed. "Why did you hate your father? Give me an honest answer."

Jaina steps further into the scene. She's shocked when Rey and Ren look at her. This is different than before. They can see me and probably hear me.

"You had a father who loved you, he gave a damn about you." Rey begins to cry at the thought of Han.

"I didn't hate him." Ren answers looking at both women.

"Then why?" Tears well in Jaina's eyes.

"Why what?" Ren presses. "Why what? Say it."

"Why did you..." Jaina's voice catches.

"Why did you kill him?" Rey continues for her. "I don't understand."

"No? Your parents threw you away like garbage."

"They didn't." Rey hisses.

"They did. But you can't stop needing them. It's your greatest weakness. You look for them everywhere in Han Solo, now in Skywalker."

"Stop it! Our parents weren't terrible. Luke wasn't abusive either. You're making dumb excuses." Jaina steps in front of Rey. "How dare you try to manipulate her emotions. You have no right to use her loss against her. You don't know..."

"Did he tell you what happen that night?" Ren steps closer.

Jaina shakes her head. "Don't change the subject..."