Chapter 13

Jaina slips out into the hall. The guards have taken their posts outside the entrance of the bridge. Poe is no where in sight. She runs down the halls towards their quarters.

"Poe!" She calls.

He doesn't stop but slows down for her to catch up.

"Poe, please." She reaches for his arm. "Please just talk to me."

He spins out of her grip. He doesn't say anything, his eyes remain on the floor.

"My mother..."

"Did you know? This whole time did you know, this is what she was planning?"

Jaina looks down. "I knew for awhile but..."

Poe shakes his head. "Unbelieveable."

"Look it's not like that. I was going to tell you but you haven't been around."

"I haven't been around? What are you talking about? You're the one hiding in storage closets."

Jaina furrows her brow. "That's not what I was doing."

"You know I've actually been doing things, useful things. Working a way out of this predicament."

"You mean your clandestine plan with Finn and Rose." Jaina says flatly.

"Oh so this is some pay back for you not agreeing with my plan? You choose Holdo over me for spite?"

"Oh please, get your head out of your ass."Jaina scoffs. "You are so caught up in being the hero and thinking you're right all time, you don't even stop to consider any one else. That they may actually have a good idea. Even better than the great Poe Dameron!"

"Then why did she keep it a secret?"

"She didn't keep it a secret. It was need to know. You've been brash, insubordinate and stubborn ever since she was named leader and not you. She couldn't trust you, besides look how you reacted when you did find out. It's no wonder she didn't tell you."

"Well I'm so glad she trusts you and you finally have someone you can trust. Someone you can support and share all your secrets with." He turns on his heel and starts down the hall again.

"Don't walk away from me Dameron!" Jaina quakes with fury. She can feel it swell in her as he retreats further away. Her hand raises and she feels the power of the force course through her.

He struggles against it. "Let...me...go..."

She squeezes harder letting the satisfaction of the dark over take her senses.

"Jaina!" Poe wheezes.

As she relishes his distress Ben's words pop into her head.

"Give in Jaina. Let it fuel you. I promise you'll enjoy it."

Suddenly, she releases him. He drops to the floor gasping for air.

She rushes toward him, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to."

"What...was that?" He coughs.

"I... I don't know. I lost control. I'm sorry." She looks down at her trembling hands.

Ren's voice floats into her ears again. "You're closer to the Dark side than you think, Sister."

Poe gradually stands and looks down at her. The hurt and anguish in his eyes nearly kill her. "Jaina, what is going on with you?"

She shakes her head. "I wish I could but I can't explain it.

"I don't know who you are any more." He says softly.