17. Junho

"Hey," Junho called softly, pulling back from the hug after a few minutes. "What's troubling you?"

Eunsang shook his head. Junho sighed and pulled him back in his arms again, "I don't like it when you're sad. Tell me so I can help you."

"..."

"Junho..." Eunsang spoke up, "Are you hiding anything from me?"
Junho blinked surprised and confused. Did Eunsang think he was hiding something from him?
"I know it's not my place to ask but I wish you can share to me if you're having a hard time. I want to help you too just like you said."

Junho smiled and pulled him tighter, "I don't exactly know why you're sad but if that is one of the reasons then, Eunsang, I promise I'll share everything with you. I have had enough of us having misunderstandings."

Eunsang nodded biting his lips anxiously, "I have something I want to ask you..." Junho stared at him to continue. "But it's already late so can you help me make dinner? We can talk about it later after."

"Okay... but promise me first." Junho said.

"Promise what?"

"That you'll ask later. And we'll talk about whatever it is troubling you after dinner."

Eunsang smiled at how much Junho cares about this, "Then, you should promise me that you'll be truthful with whatever I ask too." He was worried about it but he wanted to be positive.

Junho chuckled, "Should I be worried?" He leaned in to kiss Eunsang's nose softly, "Promise." He whispered.

Eunsang blushed at the action before replying a small, "Me too."

*-*-*

"Now tell me," Junho said as soon as Eunsang tucked himself next to him on the bed.

"Umm...okay." Eunsang sighed, anxious how Junho's reaction would be.

"So...while you were asleep earlier, your mom called repeatedly and I picked it up." Eunsang tried to see any reaction from the older but his look was plain as usual. But it was clear that he was listening.

Junho actually knew about this. When he woke up and checked the messages his mother sent and the missed calls, he already found out that her last call was recieved for some few minutes.

"She said some... things which make me wonder about many things." Eunsang continued warily, eyes still on the older for any glimpse of reaction.

"Things like what?" Junho asked calmly but Eunsang couldn't help but get scared a little. He didn't know what answers he will get but deep down he knew  something was not okay.

"She...b-blabbered many things thinking I were you. Things which I dare not say...and would never expect from a mother. And it made me uncomfortable." Eunsang, for the first time, took initiative and hold Junho's hands between them.

"Junho, if anything is happening back at home...you know I'm here for you, right?" Eunsang gulped and quickly added, "and don't think I'm pitying you or showing sympathy or anything like that. I just want to care about you.  I want to trust you and you to trust me."

"..."

"Junho, say somethin-"

"I thought it'd be hard but I think I can handle this." Junho said interrupting him.

"H-handle what?" Eunsang asked softly, confused.

"Eunsang,"Junho paused.

"Hm?"

"Remember when I told you that I have things I needed time to tell you?" Junho asked and Eunsang nodded, still clear in his mind how he said it.

"Hear me out, okay?" Junho swallowed looking serious and continued, "Actually, my mom...she,"  Eunsang softly squeezed his hand in support and anticipation,"is very sick. She had ...a son with someone else who isn't my father. It was before I was born."