Unexpected Help

Sora, Donald, Goofy, Violet, Mickey

=========

The group ran across Hollow Bastion, defeating Heartless and screaming Rue's name.

"Rue!" Violet shouted. "Where are you?!" When there was no response, Violet got jittery again. "Wh-what could h-have happened t-t-to her?" she stuttered. 

Sora thought for a moment. "Well, if you're getting jittery again, that probably means that Rue is no longer in this world, and so you're Heartless side is becoming more active. Just try and calm down, okay? We're going to get Rue back."

Violet, though she was flushed and panting nodded. "Alright." Chester whimpered and rubbed against her leg.

"Uh, guys," Donald said. They looked around the castle grounds.

"What's up with them?" Sora asked. The Heartless had grown completely silent and still. 

"Look!" Violet shouted. 

The group's heads swiveled to see two dark coated figures appear on top of a large rock outcrop. One of them pulled back their hood to reveal a man with silver hair and amber eyes. The other pushed down their hood to reveal Lelie. The man and Lelie looked down at them and smirked.

"It's the guy that NOT Ansem," Donald observed, "and Lelie!"

"You mean it's his Nobody!" Goofy continued. 

"The leader of Organization XIII," Sora growled. 

"Wait a minute!" Mickey exclaimed. "Now I know!"

====Mickey's Flashback====

Mickey stood in Ansem's Study in front of a large desk. A man with blonde hair and orange eyes sat before him, holding a stick of ice cream.

"Wise Ansem, I'm here to seek your advise," Mickey said, smiling kindly.

Ansem smiled back, the sound of liquid boiling sounded around them in containers filled with hearts. 

"I'm glad we have the opportunity to speak like this, my friend," Ansem replied. "It helps me forget the pains of the past, and focus on the future. And I am intrigued by your hypothesis, and I'm finding it difficult to stave off the urge to test it. Still, I'm concerned about the stability of the worlds." Ansem leaned back in his chair, closing his eyes like he hadn't gotten good sleep in the last long while. 

Mickey's expression turned worrisome. "Yep, that's what worries me too."

Ansem opened his eyes and leaned forward again, propping his head up on his fist. "The doors that appeared. The place the Heartless seek. I fear my research may have brought this upon us." 

A knock pounded at the door, causing both of them to look at it. The door opened and a young man stepped out, wearing the scientific clothing of Ansem the Wise's Apprentices. The man bowed respectively toward Ansem and Mickey before speaking.

"Master Ansem," the man started. "Regarding the experiment I presented the other day...With your permission I'd like to proceed--"

Ansem, suddenly outraged, stood up from his seat and slammed his hand down on his desk. "I forbid it!" he shouted. "Forget this talk of doors, and the heart of all worlds. That place must not be defiled! I've lost too much already to even consider such a dangerous plan."

"But...Master Ansem," the apprentice protested, "I've been thinking..."

Ansem simply shook his head. "Xehanort, those thoughts are best forgotten."