stars can speak

I've never loved coffee's brown this much. This morning, it looked different, as if it had a more sweet taste, less bitter. As if my wat to look at the world is changed. In every single detail.

"You're different, today" said Mike. We had just finished to clean the cafe and we were about to leave. We used to spend our "break period" on the back of the cafe. Just me, Mike and New (but he was sick).

"Maybe you are seeing me in a different way" I brought a cigarette between my lips and I let the smoke come out from it.

"No, I know myself. My opinion has not changed. And I also started to know you. And you're different" he was staring at some point in the sky. Maybe he was right. Maybe my changing was too evident. However, I didn't want to admit it.

"As you want" and we started to talk about everything and nothing. I understood that I've underrated him. That he was a way lot more than I excepted.

"Gun, someone is waiting for you outside" Arm's head came out from the day, and he smiled at us.

"But I'm not waiting for someone"

"Then is an unexpected visit. Come on, he's in a hurry" I nodded, confused, and I followed my colleague.

When I saw Off there, talking to Earth, I understood that my changing was real, concrete. That he helped me to touch my happiness with only one hand. That Mike was right.

"Are you done? I need to talk to you" he didn't use a cold tone of voice. It was more like a I need to talk to you, I can't bear this anymore. And I didn't even know way.

"Sure, I am. Let's go" I took his hand. The air was so cold. But it made me feel warm.

We stayed quiet for a couple of minutes, sometimes looking at our walking and sometimes looking at the cars, who ran next to us.  silenzio per un paio di minuti, alle volte guardando le scarpe che si muovevano e alle volte guardando le macchine che correvano di fianco a noi.

"How do you come back home?" he suddenly asked.

"I usually call a taxi"

"Today I'll drive you home, my car is not that far" our hands were still touching and, even though that touch was not that special, it made my day more clear.

"Thank you" I whispered. I was thanking him for everything. But I don't think he understood what I meant. "You needed to talk with me, right?" he stopped. 

"Yes, but first I have to ask you a thing" he looked at me right into my eyes. I nodded. 

"When you look at the stars, can you listen them talking?" I didn't answer. I waited for him to continue.

"When you close your eyes, at night, you can listen them whispering. They know everything, and this makes me get how much we are small" I smiled. He was so right.

"Anyway, remember when I wanted to tell you what the stars told me?" I nodded, smiling in my head. That message made me realize how much he was small and big at the same time. However, he really did like the stars. 

"Well... they told me that love and hate sometimes can be the same. They can dance together, without any confusion. They told me that, sometimes, a house don't feel like home. They told me how much I'm in love with you. How much I want you in my life. You complete me. Because I, like you, see a rainbow in your eyes" his eyes started to sparkle. I was speechless. I hugged without saying a word. Because, back then, I didn't have to speak.  

I leaned my chin on his shoulder. I didn't need anything else. I only needed his hands, his eyes. And his lips with sea's taste. 

*So, we are so close to the end. The next one will be the last chapter. I have no words.*