Chapter 5.

A/N: this a LONG chapter (4230 words) sooo you're welcome 😊

Rey finally made it home around dinner time. When she entered, the creaky old door nearly fell off its hinges. "Sorry, forgot to fix that today." She heard BB-8 shout from the living room.

Rey didn't say anything. She kept contemplating what it was she should do. I've never even talked to the guy. Before yesterday when he and I were arguing in the street. Why should I even consider helping him? He said nothing but hurtful comments to me.

Yeah, nothing that you've never heard before. The other half of her countered.

Well not exact—wait, yeah. It's not like you've never heard anyone say those things to your face before. Why do his comments hurt more?

"Ugh, just quit it already!" Rey scolded the voices in her head that were going to drive her to insanity.

"Quit what? You okay Rey?" Finn appeared from the rickety staircase.

"Nothing, just a weird day." Rey replied as she took off her shoes and hid her pack under the floorboard underneath the bright red metal coat rack Rey had purchased from Goodwill years before.

"You want to explain how General Leia and Han Solo contacted you?!" Poe shouted as his excited footsteps thundered down the hall to intercept Rey in the kitchen.

"How do you even know about those two?" Rey asked as she fixed herself a peanut butter sandwich.

"Um hello, there was a note on the door!" Poe exclaimed, " and Leia is one of the most accomplished, decorated and most respected generals of our time! The missions she's orchestrated and what she has completed have revolutionized EVERYTHING!" Poe squealed like a teenage fangirl. "And Han Solo?! That guy is the toughest, fiercest, and one of the most famous SEALS in history. He is the definition of fearless, he runs into exploding buildings, land mines, takes chances and risks his life every time he's on missions. Not to mention that he is the most skilled pilot of the last decade! He's a legend!" Poe's uncontrolled excitement made her crack up.

"I didn't know you knew so much about them." Finn said, smiling at Poe.

"Oh look at the poor little fangirl." BB-8 teased, making Rey snort.

"You hush up." Poe elbowed the spritely red head.

"I agree with him. You're really freaking out about this." Rey bit her lip to suppress another grin as she finished making her pb&j.

"Did you tell them about me?" Poe invaded Rey's personal space bubble by getting up in her face, deliberately forcing her to make eye contact with him.

"Again, I didn't know you were so interested in this." Rey responded, pushing past him to go sit at their plastic folding table and taking a seat in her blue fold out camping chair at the head of the table.

"I've been debating about enlisting for a long time but I haven't because..." Poe's voice died away as he joined Rey at the table.

"Because of us?" Rey looked up at him empathetically.

"I know you've mentioned the Air-Force before, but I didn't know how serious you were." BB-8 looked over at Poe sadly.

"I've always wanted to be a pilot but then I met you guys and I finally had a group of friends. If I left, I didn't want to lose you guys. Flying would never come before you." Poe admitted.

Finn walked over and put his hand on Poe's shoulder and he relaxed, staring up at Finn with a soft look in his eyes. Rey took notice of this, having her suspicions about Poe's feelings for Finn—but pushed aside the thought for now. "Poe, if you want to apply then do it. If it's something you love and are knowledgeable and passionate about it then it would make us bad friends for holding you back. We'll still be here for you when you come back." She encouraged, giving him an honest answer.