Chapter 25.

Ben walked in front of Snoke, tense and more terrified of this match and for his life than he'd ever thought possible. He had to talk to Luke, he had to give him a message. And he had to do it fast.

As they passed the check in area, while Snoke was preoccupied with the usual process. He didn't notice Ben slip a pen and notepad off the table and jam them into his sweatshirt pocket.

"Let's go." Snoke turned to him and glared.

Ben didn't respond, he lead the way to the locker room. Once he'd reached the locker room, Snoke slammed the door and snarled, "now drink this."

"Why?" Ben protested, though he knew exactly what was in that red Gatorade bottle. Rey had told him on one of their many talks on the beach. She'd asked him what he'd remembered from the fight when he'd nearly hit her when she'd first started working with him. Ben tried but didn't remember anything, it was all so fuzzy and hazy in his mind. Then she'd asked him what he remembered from the fight the following week. He'd told her every detail of it, he'd asked her why. And that's when she told him that she'd discovered that Snoke slipped drugs into his drink before fights.

Ben had been taken aback by her accusation but had listened to her when she said she'd followed Snoke around and watched him buy the drugs. Rey said she'd seen him shake the Gatorade in the car before one of the fights. That's why she'd been so insistent with Ben drinking the one she had. It had all made sense and since then, Ben had refused Snoke's drinks and any food or beverage he'd offered him.

"Just drink it."

"You want me to win this fight, I'll do it on my own. Not with drugs." Ben growled.

Snoke's eyes flared, "where did you get that idea?"

"I'm not an idiot. Rey told me everything. I will not drink that. I want to win this fight with a clear head. Not under the influence."

"Not likely. Remember, your little slut can die at my command, any time and any place. So I suggest you drink this."

"If you won't let me call my fucking mother, or my uncle, or her; this is the very least I can ask of you." Ben countered and Snoke chucked the Gatorade across the room.

"Don't push your luck. You are tied to the end of a string Ren." Snoke snarled and slammed the door and left the room. Probably to check on last minute preparations, but the thought of him giving the kill order made Ben's blood run cold.

With not a second to waste, Ben pulled out the notepad and pen and with a shaking hand he wrote a note. Ben threw the pen and notepad into the garbage and crumpled the note into his hand just as Snoke threw open the door. "Let's go Ren."

"Fine. But I need to see that she's alive."

"Ren."

"I need to see the live feed now."

Snoke swore and whipped out his phone, showing Ben that Rey was alive and sitting in her house watching tv with her two friends.

Ben didn't have to look at the screen to know she was watching the fight. She still cared and he would win this fight for her, not that he had much choice but after tonight, he'd find a way to run away with her and keep her safe. He'd have her again and he'd never make the mistake of letting her go ever again.

"Ok, let's go. I want updates, proof after each round."

"Christ, just get out there." Snoke shoved him forwards and Ben bit his tongue to keep himself from fighting back.

Ben stepped out into the stadium, fans shouted and cheered and lights and cameras flashed. In the corner was Hux, his rat like face more pungent than ever. Ben's eyes scanned the front row and they found his uncle, still sitting with as much professionalism as Ben always remembered. He met Ben's eyes and gave him a slow nod that Ben wished felt more reassuring.