GRIPS

Lucifer clutched the much smaller mortal in his arms as he stepped through the increasing crowd, who gathered around the burning church in a frenzy of screams of cries. None of them spared a glance to the pair's presence, which Y/N found peculiar, considering the literal king of Hell and enemy of God was carrying her.

"They can't see us, darling," Lucifer chuckled, as though he had read her mind. "It makes me getting you back to my Son a whole lot easier."

Though the thought of being in Satan's arms in this current moment should have overwhelmed her - no, terrified her - she instead felt relieved at the mention of her desired lover. The one who will make all her pain, all her longing, all her sadness go away. Will he be happy to see her? Or will he be angry, for running away from him and containing herself in a territory he could never trespass? Only time will tell. She doesn't even want to think about the punishment she'd receive if he was mad.

Eventually they make it back to her house, a place she feels like she hasn't seen in forever. Lucifer sets her down, making sure she was stable and wasn't hurt in any sort of way, before sending her a charming smile. "This is where we part ways, my dear. Tell my Son that I will talk to him later. Have fun."

And just like that, the Fallen Angel disappeared into thin air. Y/N gulped, soon approaching her front door as her heart thudded inside her chest. Not surprisingly, the door was already opened, and inside she stepped, walking into an empty house. Was Ethan even here? She assumed he was, seeing as his own Father brought her here. It's not like she was afraid, either. Just nervous. Her mind was a convulsing mess as she brought herself up the stairs, still not seeing the demon in sight. Perhaps he was too angry to even show himself? Maybe he plans on getting her when she leasts expects it - like later in the night, that it.

But everything looked the same. All of her objects and belongings neatly placed in the way she had left it. Even her bedroom appeared normal, and she breathed a sigh of relief when she crawled into it. For the first time in a while, Y/N actually felt warm. Not the physical sense, but it's a feeling she's been missing inside of her since being apart from Ethan. He may not be visible right now, but she could still feel him there, and she felt safe. Does that make her insane?

"Angel."

Y/N's eyes popped wide open at the sound of his voice. She looked up, checking to see if it was just her imagination. It was not, because there he stood in all his glory, the demon lingering in the doorway with crossed arms. His pink lips were lifted in a smirk, an non-exaggerating reaction to seeing her after a couple of weeks.

"Ethan," she whispers, sitting up a little more. Suddenly she felt self-conscious under his intense stare, and her heart skipped a beat as he lifted a finger and motioned it towards himself in a flickering move.

"Come here," he commanded, dropping his previously crossed arms in a welcoming form. "I missed you too fucking much."

Y/N quickly leaps from the bed and runs into his tight embrace, embracing his basic but heavenly sent of mint as he clutched her into his body. She swore she could have cried from his loving touch, something she's only dreamt about in the past two weeks. She could stay here forever.

"I missed you too," she whispered, pulling away slightly to make eye contact with his hazel eyes. "And I'm sorry... for running. For staying in that church for so long. I promise, I won't ever do it again."

Ethan interpreted her words for a moment, then nodded. "Okay."

"Okay..." she trailed off, a little confused. "Do you forgive me?"

"Oh angel, demons don't forgive," he chuckled, pushing her gently backwards into the room, slamming the door shut behind him. "They punish... then they forgive."