Chapter 1: The Beginning

Jessica sat in her makeup chair beside Susan as they talked and rehearsed lines for their scenes of the first episode of Feud. Jessica was quite nervous as she had not been on another TV show since her last season of American Horror Story.

Ryan walked in as he seen the two ladies rehearsing as he was happy to have them finally together.

"Are y'all ready?" Ryan asked them.

"Sure, I can't wait to get into character." Jessica said

"Let's go then." Ryan said as the two ladies followed him to the front of the set.

"He seems so damn happy." Susan whispered into Jessica's ear.

"He always was on the set of American Horror Story." Jessica said.

"Even when all that blood and gore happening?" Susan said.

"Oh yes, none of it was real darling so he just watched us do our own thing." Jessica said.

"Well, I don't believe you'd have to dress up as a nun anymore." Susan said.

"Joan was not a sinister example of the word 'godly'." Jessica said.

"Yeah, I hope you won't hit anybody with a wire hanger." Susan said

"Me either. I have had to cane people though." Jessica thought back to season two of American Horror Story.

"Yeah and that resulted in that young man's genitals being visible in your face." Susan laughed.

"Between the time we read our scripts and getting ready, he barely had time to get that cover up on." Jessica said.

"Well, do you still talk to him?" Susan asked as she lit up a cigarette.

"Evan?" Jessica asked.

"No, Garfield. Yes, I meant Evan." Susan said.

"Only during the same time Ryan has us all together." Jessica said.

"He's cute, you know?" Susan lifted a perfectly arched eyebrow up.

"He's way younger than me and besides, I heard he's dating or engaged to Emma." Jessica said.

"Admit it Lange, you like him." Susan said as Jessica blushed.

"As a friend, yes." Jessica said.

"How long has it been since you went out on a date?" Susan asked.

"Too long for you to ask me." Jessica said.

"Besides, you're not getting any younger my dear." Susan said.

"And you are?" Jessica asked.

"Well, how about you come to my house for dinner tonight and you call Evan?" Susan asked.

"No thank you, I'm busy tonight." Jessica said.

"Doing what?" Susan asked.

"Getting myself prepared for next week's episode, besides I believe my children and grandchildren are coming to see me and I have things to make." Jessica said.

"Jess, you're doing it again." Susan said.

"What am I doing? Besides trying to avoid this subject." Jessica said.

"You're putting up that wall of tough exterior." Susan said.

"That wall of tough exterior keeps me from getting hurt. I know what's best for me and I like being single, it's better than being lied to and cheated on." Jessica said as she lit up a cigarette.