Dead Dragon

The fire prickled up into the dark sky where only the stars ruled. Hiccup stared longingly up. Since he was little he was in love with the sky. First he wanted to be a pilot, but let's say, it ended up in building planes is also ok.
"I heard a stick crunching. Before I could turn around, a gigantic roar left me barely deaf." Gobber continued one of his camping fire stories Hiccup didn't pay attention to. He was still lost in thought with the toothless dragon. Well it didn't seem to him like a dragon, more like a giant flying pussycat. Might as well name it, he thought. Many names of his favourite book rushed through his brain. There were pretty dumb names, until he realized he already had found one.
"And then the Bonecrusher bit away my left hand and swallowed me. With the hammer in my right I hit through his chest and broke free. I bet the dragon's still recovering from that, but..." He pointed at his stumps. "So am I." Everyone gasped by the end of the story, all but Hiccup. Thinking of the black beast back in the cove, it didn't sound like a dragon. More like a devilish monster. But most Vikings put that and dragons together anyway.
"Ugh! I will revenge you Gobber! I'll chop down every leg of every dragon!"
Hiccup was surprised that his friend was already done exaggerating.
"With only my teeth!"
Whoop, and there he is, Hiccup chuckled. How would anyone be able to bite away limbs, apart from dragons?
"Hm, no Snotlout." The Smith meant while chewing his meat.
"It's the wings you need to go for. If a dragon can't fly, it can't hunt anymore." Hiccup's breathing stopped still for a moment. He completely forgot about the fish in his hands. When he looked at it he didn't saw the freshly grilled fish. He saw half of it, globby and slimy.

"A downed dragon is a dead dragon."

Astrid took that tip by heart. If she could manage to down that black dragon, she could kill it slowly and painfully. She sighed happily and turned to Hiccup, but only his fish was there, the student gone.
"I'm stuck with you since birth and have never seen that." Ruffnut exclaimed. Astrid realized how lost she had been in her thoughts. She looked at Fishlegs, who hadn't seem to notice Hiccup's disappearance as well.
No one had.

_______________________________________

Hiccup sighed in exhaustion and looked at his blueprints. The exact remake of a dragon tail.
The tail of a Night Fury.
With that in mind he walked into the blacksmith's hut. He gathered everything he needed to work. All the instruments he needed where in his room. When he had been disabled he needed something to keep himself busy, so he learned to blacksmith. Thank god Hiccup was a quick learner, so he didn't need his teacher Gobber to help him. So far Hiccup knew very well, Gobber didn't like dragons at all. Sure no one did, but Gobber held quite the grudge against these creatures since he lost part of his limbs. Everyone expected the same for him, but the young adult knew better. He lost his leg when the dragon saved his life. The same dragon he befriended in the cove. At least Hiccup hoped they had built a small bridge of a relationship.
The brown haired boy looked at his right palm, feeling the soft scaly touch. No doubt this dragon had been in his dream, all along. And it never seemed like a threat there.
The screeches reappeared in Hiccup's head. The dragon that roared a warning at Hiccup in his dreams.
Run!
The hand, the hand that always grabbed for him.
Hiccup took in a shaky breath. How come he was more afraid of a human hand than a wild dragon?
But maybe, just maybe, this was real.
His dream had been fortelling his destiny. As the heir of the dragon eye he activated it and travelled into the original world. Where by the way he also was born, since his father lived here.
Father.
He had no doubt on it, like Astrid. His gut told him, and Hiccup had learned to trust his gut, no matter what.
And his gut told him to help this dragon, forgetting the dragon eye for a while. When the dragon was back in the sky he would take the dragon eye and they all could return to their world.
Hiccup nodded satisfied of his plan and opened the new tail he had just finished. Tomorrow he would test it out. And pray the dragon was fine with him fumbling on his tail.
Hiccup laid the prosthetic on his table and hid it under some random books.
He sat down on his bed and relieved his left leg by removing his own prosthetic. The pressure on the stump over the day started hurting unbearably.
When he placed the prosthetic on his nightstand he discovered his notebook. He grabbed it with a soft smile and looked over his sketches, made of the dragon. Hiccup groaned internally. The Night Fury needed a proper name, if the two of them would be spending a little while. Hiccup was tired of treating the beautiful animal like a strange creature. Like a soulless beast. The magnificent Night Fury was no stranger to him and by the judges of his dream he was more of a friend.
Hiccup smiled and immediately remembered the dragon's first gummy smile. His toothless smile. Of course, it was almost obvious.
His Night Fury the unholy offspring of lighting and death itself, would be called Toothless.