Chapter 1

I sat with my leg stretched in the lounge that doubles as a resting room in my office, with my laptop on my lap and a cup of coffee beside me.

One thing I love about this office is that no one really cares what you wear or where you decide to work, just make sure you get the job done and everyone will be happy.

Abdulkarim our CEO is a fun and bubbly man, he just needs you to beat the deadline and bring in quality work. I work with an advertising company, we are part of a conglomerate.

"Salima, AK needs you in his office," said Bilkisu. She is his secretary.

"Will be there in a jiffy I said," bringing my legs down from the bean bag they were on.

I started working in the company as a Youth corper, AK decided to retain me after my service year. About four months ago, the creative director quit and I was promoted to that position. It has been tasking but exciting, nothing excites me more than bringing an idea into life. It is such a beautiful feeling.

"AK we still have two weeks before the deadline, I hope it is not a progress report you want?" I voiced immediately I walked into the office.

Unfortunately, he wasn't alone and my outburst left me embarrassed.

"Sorry, I didn't know you had company, I will come back later," I said while trying to back out.

"Yen yen yen, " he said with a laugh.

"Madam come in, and Salima I am not a slave driver, I called you for a different reason. This is my friend AbdulJalal Ahmed and he is our new client."

I had so many things I wanted to say to AK, but I had to behave myself. I was just hoping he wasn't trying to dump another work on me."

"Good Afternoon," I greeted the client with a polite smile.

"Good Afternoon," he replied with an unreadable expression.

AK gave me a brief rundown about the project and had to rush out for another meeting.

"Well Mr Ahmed, I will go through the document you sent and then contact you for a meeting. So, you can tell me your vision and I will also bring up a few ideas. Does that work for you?"

"Most definitely, here is my card, you can just send an email or give me a call for faster response," he said.

"Alright then, looking forward to creating magic for you," I added.

To be frank I wasn't looking forward to that. One thing I hate is multi-tasking. It saps my energy, and the fact that I have another project I was working on before this came along, is annoying me. But then, it is unethical to show lack of enthusiasm to the client.

"Thank you," he said with a small smile and walked out of AK's office with me in tow.

"Be at work tomorrow, we have a meeting by 10:00 a.m," I sent to the creative WhatsApp group.