Chapter 36

I wonder why people won't stay in their homes, this thing of coming to newlyweds homes is very annoying. I just want some peace. And those that come with naughty children are the worst.Thank God I don't have shame, I tell the children off because if any child breaks my things, I won't hear sorry.

Then those husband friends that always think they have found a new restaurant. Someone needs to stop them.

Who even started this nonsense tradition of hosting the man's friends after the wedding? The person did us all a huge disservice.

It is the weekend and I am in the kitchen trying to cook.

"Babe," I shouted from the kitchen. Jay hates it when I shout his name. I on the other hand is used to shouting. I come from a house full of boys if you don't shout my brothers' names they don't hear you.

"It is just me and you in this house, why are you shouting?" he said as he leaned on the kitchen door.

"How many people are we expecting?" his friends were coming over.

There was a long silence, I had to turn to check if he was still in the kitchen.

"10" he whispered while scratching the nape of his neck.

"10!! AbdulJalal, mutane goma!! Kuji tsoron Allah. Wife not Buka."

I can't believe this man, 10 grown-ass men. How can he invite 10 people, what happened to 5 this month and 5 next month? Let's not talk about how he didn't tell me till now, who does that? If I decide to give them water and chinchin now they will say I am wicked.

I continued defrosting the chicken without saying an extra word to him.

Aside from annoyance, the only thing going through my mind is when I can get help very soon. I don't even know what I was thinking of not getting a house helo before the wedding.

Four hours later, the food was done and arranged on the dining table, kitchen cleaned. I am so tired, I legit feel like my waist is about to come off.

I walk past AbdulJalal and went to my room. I just laid on the bed while waiting for the water to get hot. I am so angry, I can't believe this man.

I showered, moisturize my hair and dressed up in a silk boubou. There was a knock on the door and before I could say come in, he poked his head into the room.

"Babe," he called.

I gave him a pointed look from the mirror, the kind of look that says, what do you want?

"You look nice. Errm, they are here. Do you want to come and say hi or I can say you are not feeling too well if you are not up for it?"

I finished packing my hair, put on my turban and grabbed a veil from the wardrobe before answering him.

"Let's go," I said coldly.

This part where I have to pretend like all of them are not annoying me is so hard. I am not annoyed about having to host them, most of his friends are quite nice. I don't even mind cooking, but Jay inviting 10 people without prior notice and couple with me cooking for that large crowd without any help is what is annoying the hell out of me.

I exchanged pleasantries with the guys, few jokes here and there and went back to the room. I ended up sleeping and by the time I woke up it was maghrib and I was hungry.

I met a pile of plates in the kitchen and I was angry all over again. I served my food and went to the living room to eat while scrolling through my phone.

"You are awake?" Jay said as he stepped into the house. I don't know if he was coming from the mosque or he went to escort the last batch of guests.

"Uhmm!!" I replied.

He came over and kissed my forehead before sitting beside me and sipping from my water.

"Babe are you mad at me?" he asked.

I gave him a blank look before I continued eating.

"Well, I am not sure about what I did but I am sorry."

We sat in silence for the remaining time I ate. He said something about going In to take a shower and left the living room.

I finished eating and went ahead to start cleaning the plates. Halfway through, this man came to the door and said, "Babe can I get tea, please"

"No!! Get it yourself." I said

"Sorry??" he said.

"I said get it yourself, I am not your help."

"Okay, calm down. You have been giving me attitude since and I have no idea why. There is no need for this passive aggression, if you have a problem, say it." He said.

"I have a problem. How can you invite 10 people without giving me a heads up and you know what is more annoying than those 10 people you invited. It is that I didn't have any help, you knew it was just me and you in this house but while I slaved away here for your guests, you sat in the living room playing FIFA. I didn't even get a well done or a thank you but rather I got a pile of plates to clean up and you are asking me what the problem is. The problem is that I am sick and tired." I said and walked out of the kitchen.

First fight? Done.