Chapter 37

I honestly didn't mean to go off on him like that but I was angry and he was acting completely oblivious, coming to me to ask for tea, the audacity.

I picked my phone in the living room and went to the room to clear my head. Nobody will turn me into a madwoman.

I decided to place a call to the person that was supposed to get me a help, I need one as soon as possible.

"Alright then, I will be waiting to hear from you."

The woman said all the ones available are teenagers and live-in. She went on and on to convince me how they are better and they charge less. Her point sounded nice but I am not going to contribute to child-trafficking. I have no business employing underage girls. I told her to let me know when she gets an adult that doesn't have to live in the house.

I remember how we had that rule of not going to bed angry with each other. Lol! Kudos to people that actually do that because I can't. Most of the times it is not because I am trying to keep malice with him, I just don't want to tackle the emotions yet and I see no reason why I should be made uncomfortable.

Let me tell you one frustrating thing about fighting with your partner. Remember when you were a child, how you feel so frustrated when your mother scolds you or even beat you and instead of allowing you to wallow in your pain/anger, she sends you on countless errands? This is how it feels. Back then your mother wasn't your friend, you can't fight her or say you won't go on the errand. My husband is obviously my friend and I can fight him but there is mutual respect, so, it is more frustrating. If it was back when we were dating, I will just turn off my phone and carry on with my life but now I am stuck in the same space with him and I can't just disappear.

"Ughh!!" I screamed into the pillow.

Anyways let me get ready for bed, tomorrow would sort itself out. Thank God tomorrow is Sunday, I don't have to wake up early.

I woke up around 11:00 a.m, the only form of communication we had was when he woke me up for fajr.

I woke up to an empty bed, sat down on the bed and was scrolling through my phone when AbdulJalal came into the room.

"You are awake, good morning," he smiled.

I wonder what is making him smile, I groaned in my mind.

"Good morning," I mumbled.

Do you know what this man did? He jumped on the bed and half of his body was on me.

"Meye haka?" I eyed him.

"Lee, my firecracker, I am sorry. Kiyi hakuri. I know I acted silly yesterday and I apologize. So, here is the thing. I am not handicapped in the kitchen and around the house, I do not enjoy it but I do it. Since we got married you took the responsibility of cooking and you never complained, I got used to being served in that aspect and in all honesty, I enjoy stretching my legs and being served.

After your outburst yesterday I realized my insensitivity. I should have helped, heck that is the decent thing to do even if it was just a meal for you and I. Afterall, this is our house. I am sorry I was selfish and insensitive, playing a game while you toiled away. I promise I will do better from now on." He finished while putting his hand to support his chin in a manner that expressed he was waiting for me to say something.

"First, get off me you are heavy" I tried pushing him.

He slid into the bed close to me and waited for me to talk.

"Well, I don't have much to say since you have said it all. I just need you to be more aware and pay more attention. I shouldn't have to ask for help whether I am overwhelmed or not. You know I don't even mind cooking but Jay cooking for 10 people was a lot and to be honest, I was so hurt that you didn't offer to help. But well since you have figured it out, I guess your apology has been accepted.

The work is getting quite overwhelming and I hope we get help soon." I sighed and placed my head on his shoulders.

"Hopefully."

I got treated to breakfast and I met a clean kitchen. I wonder what tomorrow will bring on this thing called being married.