🌻𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓭𝓮𝓮𝓹

as the temperature rises, 2 boys decide to spend the day at the pool.

will contain:
fluff
submechanophobia

🎀🌸🎀

it was a scorching july day. the temperature soared well above the average, as the sun beat down on the backs of everyone walking in the streets. the 8 boys of ateez decided that they could afford to skip practice, in order to maintain good health in this weather. even if their practice room had air conditioning, they all reconciled- and decided a day off wouldn't hurt.

6 of the boys scrambled to make last minute plans and soon hurried off to fulfill them. that left san and wooyoung alone. both the blond and the dark haired boy decided rather than rush around, to relax by the nearby public pool.

even though the two we're slightly vulnerable to the public, they didn't let that stop them from achieving their goals. so, the boys grabbed a few towels started the quick walk around the block to the pool. when they reached it, they were delighted to find that they were the only people there.

"wow, it's so hot out people don't even wanna come to the pool.." san said. lightly snickering as he shook his head.

"yeah, who wouldn't want to come to a pool?" the younger responded.

truth be told, the younger boy really wasn't a fan of pools. he found the drains especially menacing, fearing his bathing suit would be caught up in one, leading him to drown. but not wanting to upset his boyfriend, he silently went along.

soon both boys were in their bathing suits. san sighed in relief before gaining a running start and jumping in. wooyoung winced slightly before wandering over to the pool's edge to make sure the other didn't get himself hurt.

san emerged from the water, a huge smile of relief plastered on his face. he swept his bleached hair back before speaking to the younger boy.

"come on woo- the water feels soo refreshing!"

wooyoung silently obeyed. waddling over to the steps under san's piercing gaze. the dark haired boy held onto the railing as he sat down on the first step, water not even touching his knees.

"yah, why aren't you coming in?" san questioned. making his way to the shallow end. then swimming towards the steps, sitting next to his lover.

"i just-" wooyoung tried to come up with an excuse. but without previously thinking of one, he failed to do so in a timely manner.

"don't lie, just tell me woo." the other boy fired back. eyes laced with concern viewing over the younger.

"pool drains kinda freak me out sannie-" he stated, avoiding eye contact out of embarrassment.

"hey that's ok." san started, his hand made it's way to the boy's. the older of the two began to reassuringly draw on wooyoung's palm as he continued, "what makes you scared of them hm?"

wooyoung sighed, still looking away from his lover, "the meaning isn't that deep, i just feel like they're going to suck me under and drown me.."

the dark haired boy felt soft fingers under his chin, turning his head to face the boy sitting next to him. he was meet with the determined eyes of the person he loved so dearly. lost in his beautiful face wooyoung began to zone out from everything going on around them, eyes focused solely on san.

"the pool isn't either."

"hm, what?" the younger responded, finally zoning back in.

"you said your reasoning wasn't that deep," the taller boy said, standing up and intertwining their fingers. "and I said the pool isn't either." san faced wooyoung, who was still sitting down on the pool steps.

"just come in the shallow side with me, please. it'll be ok baby." san said grabbing wooyoung's other hand and making him stand as well.

"but people can drown in shallow water, pool drains are powerful-"

"hey, i'm right here and nothing has happened to me. i promise everything will be ok."

wooyoung thought for a moment, letting san lead him to the last step. at this point it was painfully obvious to san that the other was petrified, so he tried to do so cautiously. the dark haired boy drew in a shaky breath, "i trust you sannie. but for now, please don't let go."

this only prompted san to tighten his grip on wooyoung's hands, "i promise i won't let go baby."

and with that, the shorter boy had stepped fully into the shallow end of the pool. the blond's arms soon wrapped securely around wooyoung's waist, pulling him close. a few uneven breaths left the boy's mouth but after feeling san gently sway them back and forth in the water, his anxiousness subsided a little more.

"see, doesn't the water feel nice?"

wooyoung only nodded in response. closing his eyes as his cheek pressed against san's bare chest. the dark haired boy melted completely into his boyfriend's arms, as san's remained  securely wrapped around him. the older boy was right, the water did feel nice.