Chapter 6: First Year At Sixth Form

Gary had a big two years coming up as he had to focus on his football and a levels. He did however do really well on his GCSE'S. His mum hoped that he would do well In the upcoming season and try and get oasis to win the league for a second year in a row. He never really saw his dad that much. He only really saw him once a week.

He went into the first game with a new boss. He said that they have to go and try to win every game and they it could cost them if they don't. After sixth form he was thinking that he might even get signed by one of the best local teams in the area. There were so meny good ones but not so good ones at the same time either.

He started the first game up front in a 4-4-2 formation with his long time friend Tom. In sixth form the games are 90 minutes instead of 60. He went on to inside the 40 minutes to put his side 1v0 up. They went into halftime 1v0 up and the boss said just keep doing what your doing and we can win the game. Second half started and gary was subed off and he wasn't happy about it. The team went on to win 2v1.

The manager called him over so that he could speak to him about the game. Gary just wanted to play a full 90 minute football match. He was rested for the second game so he could think about his performances. Oasis went on to win 3v0 and went top of the league.

Gary was picked to start in the third game and the boss said that they have been on great form and that they need to continue it if they want to win the league. He scored in the 30th minute and did a little handshake with Tom. For the rest of the first half it was just boring. Gary was taken off as he was getting to tired. They want on to win the game 1v0.

Tom was picked over gary in the next game as gary had to start on the bench. Tom got injured in the 56th minute but he didn't bring gary on. He brought someone on called Charlie, who was Gary's other friend. He began to worry that he might not play again. That all changed when gary got brought on for the last ten minutes as the game went on to finish 0v0.

Gary started up front with Charlie and Tom had to sit this one on the bench. Five games in now so it was halfway through the season and after this they would have to play all the teams again. Gary had two by halftime and Charlie had one. Charlie was taken off for Tom and the score stayed the sane until gary got a red card in the 88th minute.

This ment that he would now be suspended for three games. His heard about his actions and she was not happy about it. Gary wasn't either as that was 3 days that the would have to do homework as he has to do his a levels.

The say had come, it was Gary's birthday. The ninth game of the season so that ment that the next game was the last of the season. Gary was picked and he had a hat trick by halftime. It was a smashing as Tom scored a hat trick as well as the game finished 6v0 and oasis went top of the league.

The final game, everyone was so pumped because if they win then gary can lift the trophy once again. Gary started but this time he was upfront with Charlie not Tom. Charlie opened the scoring to put oasis 1v0 up inside 40 minutes. They went into halftime with that 1v0 lead and the boss said that now is the time that we win the title. Gary scored in the 78th minute to put oasis 2v0 up. Gary knew that he scored the goal that would win them the title. The moment came, fulltime. Oasis have won the league. Gary was the captain so he was the one who got to lift the trophy.

Everyone was so happy and they were all asking themselves if they can do the same next year.