Chapter 7: Last Year Of Sixth Form

Gary was ready for the biggest year yet. He has to do a levels and lots of football. He has his 18th birthday this  year as well. Gary knew that after this year he might be called up by a local team.

The first game came up for gary and it was a hard one. They had to play the team who finished runners up last season. It was a really close first half and it was 0v0 at halftime. Gary had the odd chance but couldn't convert any of them. Gary was subed off after 60 minutes as the match went on to finish 0v0. The boss said I expect more than a 0v0. The manager didn't seem happy after the game.

Gary was starting for the second game, which was the first game that his mum had been to in years. Gary knew he was under pressure as he had family there. Gary went on to score in the 15th minute as Tom assisted him and he said to gary, "you can make it to the top." Gary didn't believe it at first. They went into halftime 1v0 up. Gary was subbed off I the 56th minute as Tom scored the winning goal as the team went on to win 2v0. The boss mentioned that gary was playing at his best in that first half and that he can go on to become a really outstanding professional.

Gary had homework that night and he asked if he could do with Tom but he said no. Gary thought why? Why would he say no? Gary just had to do it all by himself. Tom text him back saying you have a levels this year now is the time you do all your homework all by yourself. It ended up taking him 3 hours to complete it.

Gary was picked and Tom wasn't even in the squad as he was unavailable as he had to much homework. Gary had to start upfront with Charlie instead. Gary scored and started singing glad all over in his head as he is a big crystal palace fan. They went into halftime 1v0 up and the boss took gary off and put a random player on who gary had never seen around in school before. The game finished 1v0 as the second half was very boring.

Gary wasn't picked for a run of games due to an injury he suffered in training but he came back in the last game of the season. Gary was benched  that game due to his fitness reasons. Tom put them 1v0 up in the 34th minute as they went into halftime 1v0 up. Gary was brought on the pitch at halftime as he made an impact by scoring 2 goals inside 15 minutes. They were 3v0 up by the hour mark as tom scored in the 75th minute to put them 4v0. The game finished 4v0 to oasis.

After the game the boss wanted to see Gary and he said to him i know this is the end of school but you can go on to have a big future. Gary thought the same to. He was peppered for a big future and knew he had to be patient for a club.

Can gary have a big future?