Chapter XXI: The Lesbian Club

-So... That's that on that. -I say after telling the story to Sarah.

-Wow. -She sighs, looking at the ceiling. -I mean, my gaydar must be really off, because Sister Claire? Sister Claire? -She looks at me in disbelief.

-You should've seen it. -I say shaking my head. -She just started crying and telling me everything, man... It was the craziest thing.

-This academy just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

-I know, right? Weirdest thing: I like her now. She went through so much and she's actually really nice. To think that I thought she was just a bitter bitch.

-I'll definitely talk to her sometime. I always felt so bad about how everyone treated her, and now that I know the reason...

-I told her she can talk to me whenever. Maybe she could join us on sessions sometimes. -I suggest quietly, expecting a bad reaction.

-Yeah. -Sarah says calmly.

-What? -I ask, surprised.

-It's a great idea. It would be nice if she joined us sometime. We've always wanted friends, right?

-Hey! -I say in an offended tone. -I have friends.

-You have one friend and he's a drug dealer. -She scoffs.

-Your point being?

-We've always wanted friends. We.

-Yeah, I guess that would be nice. -I say with a smile. -It would be like our own little gay club.

Sarah laughs as she gets up from her chair.

-Plus, having a third person here would keep us from, -She winks. -you know.

-And we would have a girl on the inside to keep us updated, warn us and shit. -I say after stifling a giggle. -I don't want to just use her though.

-Me neither, I genuinely think that she is nice girl and I want to help her. -She walks to the door and opens it.

-Ugh, exactly! I hate it when you do that, you steal words from my brain. -I sigh and walk towards the door as well.

-It's not my fault great minds think alike. -She chuckles as I stand in front of her.

-See you tomorrow, Doc? -I ask quietly.

-You know it, Miss Hernández. -She smiles and we exchange looks before I walk out the office as she closes the door behind me.

I wander around the academy, getting ready to go to my "class". On my way, I get a glimpse of Claire in a somewhat empty hallway.

-Sister Claire. -I approach her casually.

-Miss Hernández. -She tries her best not to smile.

-Sarah and I are having a therapy session tomorrow after lunch. We would like for you to join us if you could. -I lower my voice.

-Of course. -She stutters, surprised.

-You know the office, right? -I ask walking away.

-How could I forget. -She jokes and we smile at each other before I go.

I laugh at myself as I make my way to the class; tomorrow's gonna be fun.

Time passes by as quickly as it usually does: not quick at all. I look at Sarah, eagerly and she returns the look. We hear knocks at the door and Sarah gets up to answer.