Chapter 16 - It's not what it looks like!

We finally arrived home after a very long train ride. I took Lucy back to my place while Happy headed to the guild with Gray so he could see Carla. I sighed in tiredness as soon as I walked inside and then took Lucy out of the back carrier before flopping down on the couch with her on my lap. "I wish trains were never invented" I said with a sigh.

Suddenly Lucy started glowing a golden colour, I quickly turned her around to face me on my lap. "What's happening to you Lucy?!" I exclaimed in a panic and then poof, a pink cloud engulfed us. When the cloud dispersed, instead of baby Lucy sitting on my lap there was a naked adult Lucy straddling me. "LUCY!" I said with joy and hugged her waist. My head happened to be squished in between her boobs, I missed those.

Without a single knock, Levy burst through my front door while looking at a piece of paper in her hand. "Hey Natsu, by my calculations Lucy should be back to normal-" she looked up and her eyes widened. I realised the position Lucy and I were in. "Sorry for interrupting" she quickly said and then shut the door. "It's not what it looks like!" Lucy and I both shouted, hoping she heard us. "Well we should expect everyone at the guild to know by tomorrow. Now can you please get your head out of my boobs!" Lucy shouted and I quickly let go of her. She quickly jumped off my lap and wrapped herself with my towel that was lying on the floor beside the couch.

For some reason, her face scrunched up and she sniffed the towel. "When was the last time you washed this towel?" she asked. "Um, what day is it today?" I asked, "I'm not sure but your calendar says Monday" she replied. "One...Two...Three months ago" I answered honestly. "Ew!" she exclaimed and almost took it off if she wasn't naked under there. She took a deep breath and then look directly to me. "I'm going to borrow your shower and I expect you to find me some clean clothes" she said before leaving to the bathroom. "I missed her so much" I muttered to myself with a smile once she left the room.

As I was searching for some clothes for Lucy, I realised she filled a hole in my heart that I didn't know was missing until she changed back to her normal self. Is what I'm feeling called love? I think this is love. My heart beats twice as fast around her, I hate when other guys try to flirt with her and I want to protect her from all the dangers of the world. 'How am I going to confess to her?' I internally asked myself. Suddenly an idea popped into my head and I knew I had to act on it quickly.

I left a pile of her clothes and underwear outside my bathroom, ready for Lucy to wear. If you're wondering how I have Lucy's clothes in my house. Lets just say I may have taken them in secret so she would have clothes at my place if she ever slept over. Hopefully, she doesn't notice so I don't get a Lucy Kick to the head.

Now it was time for the next part of my plan, I rushed outside to gather some daisies from a nearby forest flowerbed. Once I finished filling up my bouquet with daisies, I quickly ran back to the house so I could be there when she comes out of the bathroom. Fortunately, luck was on my side and about a few seconds after I came through the front door, she came out of the bathroom fully clothed.

She looked slightly angry as she looked at her clothes. "I thought I lost these. Natsu, did you steal my clothes?" she said. "Forget about that for a second" I said as I handed her the flowers I gathered. The anger on her face turned into surprise. "Why are you giving me flowers? Are you sick?" she asked. 'Love sick' I thought but kept it to myself. "No, I realised something with this adventure and that is that I love you Lucy. Please will you be my girlfriend?" I asked. "Oh Natsu, I love you too and yes I will be your girlfriend" she replied.

I was overwhelmed with happiness and pulled her into my arms before kissing her on the lips. The kiss felt amazing like her lips were meant for mine. "Hey Natsu I heard Lucy was back to-" Happy said as he burst through the door. We broke apart which I was slightly disappointed and turned to him. "Sorry for interrupting" he quickly said and then shut the door. "MIRA!" we heard him shout as he flew away from the house. I chuckled and then I turned back to Lucy. "So where were we?" I asked, hoping we could continue kissing. "You were going to tell me why my missing clothes ended up at your house" she replied with a smirk. "I've got a lot of explaining to do, haven't I?" I asked. "Yes you do but we have all afternoon" she replied and kissed me. Yes!

Maybe one day Lucy and I will get married and have a baby of our own.