1.4

[kinda edited: march 14th]

What the fuck is wrong with you today?

Skylar looked at herself in the small bathroom mirror. Her green eyes were framed by her black eyelashes, a soft shade of brown on her lids and the natural form of her lips was enhanced through a soft shade of red. There was no sign of weakness, nothing. She trained hard for her poker face and she wouldn't let some profilers ruin that for her. She had to get herself together.

Straightening her position, she closed the button of her suit jacket and held eye contact with her own reflection.

Beating herself up wasn't the right thing to do, she had sworn to lay it off and fight against the demons of her past. They didn't define her, they wouldn't change her. She was proud, she was confident and currently giving herself a pep-talk in a dirty FBI bathroom.

Great, best conditions for a healthy relationship with yourself.

She exited the bathroom a little later, no sign of the tears that had threatened to spill. She wore a smile on her face.

The coffee wasn't exactly expensive so she bought a few cups for the team, as much as she could carry with one hand. When she returned from the small shop, she could hear cursing coming from down the hallway.

"Come on!"

She stopped at the rather hilarious sight in front of her. The brunette man kept pushing the same button on the vending machine repeatedly. He seemed a little on edge, to be honest.

"Wh- what type of machine are you?" He asked. "Seriously, those two Dollars were all I had left. Son of a- ugh!" The stranger dropped his hand with a frustrated, rather high-pitched groan. 

Skylar bit her lip. As hilarious as the sight in front of her was, she had also never seen anything more adorable than this. This stranger resembled a handsome dork with his long, brown hair curling all over the place and the mismatched socks peeking out over his sneakers.

He wore a grey cardigan over his white dress shirt, an equally grey tie around his neck and dark dress pants. Matched with the satchel over his shoulder, he looked like one of her old college professors, except he had never worn sneakers; a fact that made the attractive stranger even more appealing to her. 

He was young, tall, slender (but somehow kind of lean) and definitely had the looks of a smart-ass, but in a much cooler sense. And he had an almost flawless face, which made her stomach flutter. Skylar felt like a train of perfection hit her, eyes focused on his plump pink lips and the sharp jawline that followed. The longer she stared, the more her brain seemed to stop functioning.

What is it about tall, handsome skinny guys?

The girl didn't know why, but this man seemed oddly interesting, and very in need of help before someone would start laughing at him.