Chapter 32

"What are you on about this time?"

"You need to make more chaos, to balance out the lovey dovey shit you got going on," Lucifer explained, pouring a shot of fireball, fitting, and taking a puff off of his cigar. 

"And what would you suggest? I'm not letting it control me anyhow, I don't see how it's an issue."

"You CANNOT, I don't care where or with whom, appear weak. You are the spawn of hell itself put on earth to unleash chaos on those deserving, a spirit of vengeance without the restraint if you will."

"And you think I'm weak? After pulling off a heist leaving San An in rubble??" 

"I don't think you're weak in that regard, I think you need to be careful regarding Alex. Don't shut her out, but be careful, remember the last time you ran head first into something like this?" 

There was a rule I had, I wanted to forget what had happened and that meant I put a rule down "Don't bring the she-devil up", and he just broke it. The atmosphere around us changed, getting hotter and hotter, my eyes changed from a soft hazel to a shade of red that would scare even the most hellish of creatures. I grabbed him by the collar and threw him into the wall, claws out, pointing one of them directly at his throat. 

"Don't. Bring. That bitch of a human being. Up. Ever. Again. GOT IT?!?" I almost thought I saw a glimmer of fear in his eyes, he knew I could rip him to shreds if I wanted, but he was just as strong. 

"Back up, kid, don't do something you'll regret," He said, I backed up, still in probably the most terrifying form anyone or anything has ever seen me in. Hair ablaze, violent red eyes, wings that looked like they were taken right out of an Edgar Allen Poe novel, and horns bigger than even the lord of chaos himself. 

"You know my line. You know my rules about the line. Don't cross it again, got it?"

"Got it, kid, just remember your place here."

"My place, is in hell, leading the charge against the brave and the stupid."

"And never fucking forget that shit." 

He sat back down, giving me time to pace around to relax, and after a good ten minutes of pacing I was back to my normal self. He offered me a cigar, but I passed and grabbed a bottle of Lucifers brew from his stand. He always had an alcohol stand when he had visitors, Liquor, Beer, Wine, you name it it's on there.

"Why don't you smoke? Jack smokes, I'd think you would too."

"I hate cigar and cigarette smoke, Jack knows that and smokes outside of my body, for the most part. If I need nicotine I use a vape, but I don't use it as often as Jack smokes, I'd rather ride out a caffeine high than a nicotine high."

"Makes sense, what about that kid you saved a while back. What was his name? Derek? James?"

"Jay, I just call him kid, sometimes JJ but I don't call him that as much cuz we got Johnny that I also call JJ."

"You ever think about taking him out to cause some mayhem?"

"The ideas come to me now and then, not sure how it would work out though, he hasn't even shifted yet so he'd probably end up getting hurt."

"You gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette, Jake," He said, and he had a point, I was dropped into the thick of things and look where I'm at now. Not like I had a choice but still, maybe it would be worth it to take the kid out, at least for a quick joyride. 

"I'll talk to Derek and Johnny about it, think of something to show the kid how we do things."

"Good man. Alright, that's all I needed, remember to keep the walls at least a little bit up, alright?"

"Yeah yeah, see ya L."

"See ya later, Jake," He said, as I jumped off the balcony and flew back to my circle of hell, now with extra screams. 

"Alright, I need a plan for bringing Jay with me on a heist of some kind, even something as small as a joyride in a stolen car."

"Okay, what?!"

"I want to take Jay for a joyride, maybe start teachin' the kid how to drive. Teach him while he's young so he can drive earlier in life."

"...I'm in."