Chapter 16

__Katy's POV__

Everything was normal again, at least that was what some people thought. Alex... She was paralyzed from the waist down. Never to walk again said the doctors and tests. I was three moths pregnant and it had been eight months since the accident. Ansel couldn't eat certain foods that would make him sick.

And my Alex. I can't believe this. I feel like this is all my fault. What did I do wrong to deserve such pain in life? Why are my loved ones and friends being punished instead of me?

It should be me. Not them.

Alex deserved a happy life but at my wedding, after my wedding. She is to never use her legs or feet again. At my wedding. Alex was the one that was injured the most, out of all the others that were hurt. She was the worst, out of pain anyways.

I laid on the couch frustrated with myself, as I kept my hands resting gently on my small baby bump. Nothing would ever be the same.

I didn't reach heaven. I crawled through hell. And yet somehow I'm still perfectly functioning. I hate myself for that. Yes, I'm glad that I'm healthy, but I'm not glad that my friends aren't. Mason is in the hospital right now getting tests done... they think he has cancer. Jess is a mom now and freaking out because her fiancé might have cancer. Alex is paralyzed. Ansel is scarred. Alex's boyfriend is worried more than ever. My cousin, Robby, is stuck in another country because his wife is dying. Everything is fucked up.

I'm sorry, excuse my language.

I gasped as Ansel appeared in the room. "Gosh, you startled me!" I said as I threw the pillow at him. He smiled lightly, so I did too. He lifted my feet from the couch, sat down, then placed my feet on his lap. "We need to look at new baby names." He said while rubbing my feet. "We do." I nodded.

He reached over and grabbed the baby name book and a piece of paper with a pen. He would write down three names he liked of both gender, then I would. When he finished his list I wrote down mine.

Baby List:

Ansel Katy
Girls: Boys: Girls: Boys:

Belle Adam Casey Cameron
Allyson Stefan Madison Kaden
Aurora Jeremy Rose Zachary
Haley Belemy

Then we looked together. It was a bit early for looking for baby names, but we did anyways. We decided that if it was a girl..we would name her Aurora. If it was a boy we would name him Adam. Yes, they both came from Ansel's list. But that's because I wanted to write down those names too, but he went first so he had already written them. I loved both of the names. Aurora and Adam.

Then the doorbell rang. "I'll get it." I said pushing myself off the couch to walk towards the door. I opened it to see Jess and Mason. "what-" I was cut off as they both rushed in. Mason walked over and sat beside Ansel to talk.

"Gosh." I mumbled. "What's going on?"

"I'm prego, Mason's mad, Alex is ignoring me, and we were robbed this morning." She groaned, walking into my bedroom and plopping on the bed as I followed her.

"You were robbed??" I asked. She nodded. Apparently she told me they had broke into her safe and took over a thousand dollars. I couldn't believe it. Who would do that? I mean other than some criminal. There are only three people that know her combination to the safe. And that was Mason, her, and me. But I didn't do it, and you can't rob yourself..

I looked at her. "Do.." I stopped and she raised her eyebrows at me. She nodded. "That's why he's mad at me. Because I accused him of it, even though he ad been missing all last night. I know I said we were robbed this morning, but that's because before I went to bed last night all the money was in place. Then, when I woke up, POOF! A thousand dollars is missing.

I sighed. Now my cousin probably robbed his own fiance. I went into the living room and crossed my arms. I made sure too shut the bedroom door behind me. "Did you do it?" I said glaring at Mason. He looked at me. "Three things. One yes I did. Two, it really wasn't even like robbing considering the money was mine. And three, I used it to buy her a gift." He whispered so she couldn't hear.

I gasped. Plot twist.

"Well she thinks you're pissed at her!" I whispered, but angrily. "You have to tell her you aren't mad at her. Or else I'll tell her this whole thing myself." His jaw dropped like he was some teenage girl that found out she isn't graduating or something. "Please don't. It's a surprise." He whined, like a little girl this time.

I groaned. Then rolled my eyes at him and went back into the room with Jess. "He didn't do it." I said covering up the mess he made. "And he isn't mad at you." She let out the long breath she had been holding in.

"Thank gosh." She spoke her words were quiet and her voice all of the sudden sounded rough. I raised an eyebrow at her. "Are you sick?" I asked and she shook her head quickly in response. "Just worried." She said her voice now back to normal.

After she and Mason left I walked over and laid back down on the couch, being the couch potato when pregnant.

Ansel walked over to me. "I need to check it." I said and she groaned. The doctors said when he left the hospital I had to check and change his bandage for the next five months, I decided to continue checking it even longer.

I sat up and pulled up his shirt to reveal his abs and the mark. I gently grazed my fingers on hit making him shiver.

"Still hurt?" I asked and he shook his head. "It's been eight months I'm fine." He said tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "Everything will be ok. I love you." He whispered then gave me a peck on the head. My lips curled up a little to form a small smile.

        Soon Ansel dozed off and I threw his favorite blanket over him to keep him warm. Since there was no way I would be able to carry him to bed. Not that he is fat. I'm a pregnant woman, and he is a muscular man. Gosh, that sounded ridiculous.

I blew out the candle that was on the table behind the couch were Ansel slept. Then I hit the light and walked into the bedroom.  There was no way I'd be able to sleep in the living room for a whole night. I twisted at the knob until the light on our bedside table came on.

And I froze when I looked at the picture that also lay on the table. It was a picture of Ansel kissing me on the cheek. We were on vacation at the time. But the picture wasn't the same... It now remained on the floor, cracked, and blood covering it. 

I followed the blood drops that were on the floor. Damn it, I'm like one of those dumb people in a horror movie

And I immediately stopped after pushing open the bathroom door.

I covered my mouth and screamed. I've gone crazy.