Chapter 15

Ansel's POV

I laughed as I ran around, Katy swung over my shoulder. I listened to her laughter too. She held onto me. I laid her down on the picnic blanket that remained on the perfect green grass. Her legs wrapped around me. She smiled at me as I stroked her cheek. She sat up a little putting her hands around my neck. I closed my eyes as her lips touched mine for a short and passionate kiss.

**

I held Katy's hand in mine and kept my other hand around her waist. I smiled as we danced slowly. The other teenage couples around us seemed to be having a good time too. But I didn't care to be honest, I kept my eyes focused on her. Her gorgeous eyes, perfect lips, long blonde hair, and her flawless skin. I smiled again at the though. "What?" She asked giggling quietly. "You're beautiful." I said and I could see her blush. I spun her and her turquoise dress that ended above her knees. She giggled again and tried covering it with her mouth.

**

I remember the first time I told her I loved her, and she said it back. I remembered our first date, our first kiss, our first time, prom with her, our first dance, our first time traveling together, and the beautiful baby we were supposed to have. I remembered her twirling, her smile and her perfect white teeth showing. When she would tuck her hair behind her ear and bite her lip.

        When I proposed and she said yes. When we fought but made up, always. I remember her touch and how she would wrap around me perfectly.I remember feeling her beating heart against mine and the taste of her lips. I'd used to always keep her warm at night and made sure she was happy in the morning. I did my best to keep her happy at all times and to protect her. 

When I first met her.

I remember how much she loved Minnie mouse but never admitted it, how we could act like carefree kids together at some times. I'd used to always buy her polka dot stuff and she would put it on right away. I remember buying her Minnie ears and helping blow out her birthday candles. I remember taking care of her and she took care of me. 

I remember baking her cookies, cake and all the goods she wanted. I did my best to spoil her, to be the perfect boyfriend and then the perfect fiance. 

**

I kissed her neck and held her hand tightly in mine. "You can let go." She said her eyes filling with tears but her smile still on her face. "I don't know if I'll make it without you though. But you can watch me from the clouds."  I smiled at her. 

"It hurts." I admitted and she kept her smile on. "I know, baby. It doesn't have to hurt." She said. "Not anymore. Let the pain go away, and let a new life begin for you." She smiled showing her pearly whites.

"I can't leave you." I said frowning, then looked away. "Then don't." She said as she smiled and held my hand tightly as we started walking up the steps. "What's up there?" I asked and she smiled at me. "Paradise. You can let go. If you want to. It's up to you on what you do." She says but every tear that ran down her face turned into a sparkle when it hit the floor. I walked faster towards the light at the top. But she stopped.

        I looked at her, she was two steps below me. "Aren't you coming?" I asked. She shook her head. "I can't. I'm still out there." She looked down the steps that led to the hospital. I looked back up, up at the light, then back down at her. The tears ran down her face faster. I felt my eyes start to sting. 

"If you want to stay with me, you have to fight baby." She sobbed but was still smiling. "You have to fight for me."

I looked up again then back down at her. "I will!" I said going down the two steps to her. But when I turned to face where she was ounce standing, she was gone. Disappeared. I looked back up at the light, I need to fight. I am a man. But it hurts. It hurts so bad

I tried to bring back all the happy thoughts again. And suddenly they hit me all at ounce, I smiled. I can''t leave her. I ran down the steps. Her touch, I could feel it. I could feel her warm hands and her pulse. I ran...

**

I opened my eyes, slowly. Everything was fuzzy. "Ansel!" I heard an angel's voice scream as I looked to the side, I watched as my princess stood my side. She squeezed my hand. "You're alive. Baby you did it!" The doctors surround me looked shocked. "The girl." One of them said pointing, their eyes full with something I couldn't describe. "She- she..." They trailed off and covered their mouth with their palm.

But Katy, she didn't care, she kept her eyes on me. And I watched as tears streamed down her face as she smiled. I smiled back and squeezed her hand tightly in mine. 

I listened as the doctors talked quietly a couple feet away. But, I could still make out what they were saying, as Katy slept on my chest, my arm wrapped around her. 

"What we saw today was a miracle." One said.

"I've never seen anything like that before in my life."

"Do you think it was the girl??? Do you think that maybe if we let her stay by the side of his bed while holding his hand that this would have never happened?"

"It was her touch. When she got away from the guard's watch,.. she..she ran right to him. And right when she touched him his eyes opened." The bigger guy said. "It really was a miracle. It's like all that mattered was that girl, and well..."

The one looked over at me and caught me looking at them. He pulled the group somewhere else. I felt Katy move a little. She looked up at me, her chin now on my chest. "Gosh, Ansel you scared the life out of me... I though that... I though." She stopped and started crying.

"I know." I said rubbing her head as she sobbed on my chest. "Shh... everything will be ok." 

I groaned as Katy got off of me and I felt pain in my stomach, she made sure she hadn't laid on the side of where I had been shot but it still hurt like hell. "I love you." I said as she grabbed me my water. She looked at me as a few more tears ran down her face.

"I love you too." She whispered giving me another kiss.

And that kiss seemed to make the pain go away for just a few seconds. But it was worth it.